I really enjoyed this book as well as the first book, "The Killings at Badger's Drift". I did have to look up some of the words (words more commonly used in British English), but that is okay. And her theatrics ring true. These books are hard to find in America and each one was found by accident at a book sale. I enjoyed reading the book, the solution was masterful, and I would like to read some more Barnabys in the future. Goodreads helps you keep track of books you want to read. Top subscription boxes right to your door, 1996-2023, Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates, Eligible for Return, Refund or Replacement within 30 days of receipt, Book 2 of 7: Chief Inspector Barnaby Novels, Learn more how customers reviews work on Amazon. There wasnt just the one murder with the attempt on Essleys wife. After all, who would expect that D C I Tom Barnaby would fail to solve even a complex and puzzling crime? I cared about what happened to these people. Reviewed in the United States on September 7, 2017. This is the second in the Detectie Chief Inspector Barnaby series and, in the best tradition of so many mysteries, it is set within the theatre. Which I wasn't a huge fan of, but it's more people than in your face narrative. Unfortunately, someone had removed the tape from the razor's edge and the actor bled to death on stage. Read 224 reviews from the world's largest community for readers. You can return the item for any reason in new and unused condition: no shipping charges. Ms. Graham is a wonderful writer and a very good one for murder mysteries. 291, saying, "they're on the bath", and he turns red in the face while discussing it. From new releases to oldies, discover your next favorite album and artist! Especially the recurring characters; you will begin to think of them as friends. Thank you to Carol, one of my goodreads friends, for recommending Caroline Graham to me. by Avon Books. You can help! It dies because we don't know how to replenish its source. The tv version of this one was much better. Using your mobile phone camera - scan the code below and download the Kindle app. Published October 15th 2014 Tom Barnaby is the original dad detective, he is a delight. To calculate the overall star rating and percentage breakdown by star, we dont use a simple average. An important part of the cultural life of many small towns is community theater and the Causton Amateur Dramatic Society of Causton, England is no exception. Ha, I didn't fall for that - narrow escape! 3) Stop smoking. Let us know whats wrong with this preview of, Published As one member of the Dramatic Society, and a suspect, commented, "That's show business. Try again. I recommend this book to anyone who likes a cozy mystery or is a fan of "Midsomer Murders.". Just a moment while we sign you in to your Goodreads account. This is the second in the Tom Barnaby series, and the second (or third) time I've read it. The stakes were the relationships and wishes and goals of the characters. This is the second book in the Inspector Barnaby series by Caroline Graham, the series which Midsomer Murders is based on. 'The Sunday Times, Discover more of the authors books, see similar authors, read author blogs and more. The story is told from multiple points if view which really delves into the motivations of the characters far more than they would ever reveal in a simple interview. //