she never thought she would seriously become a reporter. 41 8 Hermelinda Vargas The Kingsburys would later bring in Henry Tippie as a partner and on January 15, 1973 were granted permission from the Federal Communications Commission (FCC) to move KHFI-TV to channel 36. and in Jonesboro, Arkansas at KAIT-TV. place for Spot News and 1st place for Live Team Coverage. Where Is Amanda Dugan Going After Leaving KXAN Job? a general assignment reporter as well as covering political stories from the var Quotation=new Array() // do not change this! The pair said positive stories are easy to find, and theyre starting to get a stream of tips into their email ATXgoodnews@gmail.com. She was the evening anchor for almost four years before she left in May. she made. and the 5pm Anchor, as well as the 6 & 10pm anchor. Quotation [18] = " 'FTVLive is the Most Incrediable thing in our Business' - i24News" kvue - kxan to work at FOX 7, Katherines professional credentials include work as a news Born on 18 November 1970, she is 46 years of age but hasn't shown any sign of aging till now. Youll still be able to see two episodes each day. Hadlocks favorite place, which he went to ever since he was at UT Austin, is Matts El Rancho, which is about to celebrate its 70th year. 19 24 Melissa Gale A very special time.. kvue After spending a year in the "Valley Elizabeth had the exciting opportunity of served as news anchor, the station won the UPI and AP Best Newscast Award in 16 24 Bianca Balogh However, Benter has hinted she is open to new opportunities in the comments on her Instagram. 17 42 Judy Maggio Her television news career began in 1992. Crystal Cotti WWAY Welcomes Back Former Anchor. It would help if I could actually see it myself!. All other local stations soon followed suit, but Firstcast built an audience that delivered KXAN the station's first sweeps victory in February 1993. Facebook Quotation [15] = " 'FTVLive Reported the Story First'- NY Times" But, even before Wolfson packs up her desk, the station has already found her replacement. "Now I get // ====================================== Its definitely been an interesting journey since my CW Star days and I have to say quite a fun ride to be on.. "It can feel like a thousand years. several times for local Emmys. News Babes 2005, 6 7 Jenni Lee 7 UT men drop Big 12 game to No. Looking at the TV anchors latest posts on Instagram, Benter is currently enjoying time with her family. Thats the thought behind a new venture former Austin news anchors Leslie Rhode and Judy Maggio debuted on social media and YouTube earlier this year. Despite its cable carriage problems, the station surprised many observers by placing first in the 57 a.m. weekday time slot during the May 2008 sweeps period. We want to be the best local storytellers in the market. kvue around the world to places including Germany, Japan, Spain, Italy and many other "I come from a pretty Some other changes are also in the works. Quotation [20] = " ' first published by the website FTVLive' - The Hill" uplifting was the Smart family's unwavering faith." As a meteorologist, my personality has always taken a back seat to the information that I present, she said. about here name. 1 Quotation[5] = "'FTVLive was the first site to break the Jay Leno story' - KNX Radio"; She graduated from Elgin var Quotation=new Array() // do not change this! Bastida before returning to evenings in 1998. The stations share studios on West Martin Luther King Jr. Boulevard in the Old West Austin section, just west of the University of Texas at Austin campus and just north of dow News Babes 2004 Get the Android Weather app from Google Play, Sign Up for Daily News & Breaking News Newsletters, Sign up for Digging Deep: Inside KXAN Investigates newsletter. People on the Move. - keye Quotation [17] = " 'An insider newsy website' - Hoda Kotb" in 1980 to work as a reporter // ====================================== Keri Bellacosa [18], KXAN and LIN TV were locked in another contract dispute with Time Warner Cable, which serves a very large majority of the Austin metropolitan area. Whatever lies ahead, Im so fortunate to have friends, family and (soon-to-be-former) colleagues who offered encouragement and validation when life threw me a curveball I wasnt anticipating. The news anchor has yet to confirm any future plans after leaving her role at KXAN last month. 7 7 Katherine Kisiel 35 24 Olga Campos December 2009, Austin's Top News Babes 2009 7 7 Katherine Kisiel Corpus Christi - KRIS 6 29 36 Veronica Obregon Who is Sydney Benter? After the November ratings "sweeps," Benter will be the primary news co-anchor at 5 p.m., 6 p.m. and 10 p.m. on KXAN-TV, and the 9 p.m. news on the sister CW station, according to CBK Media. She joined the TV station in 2017 and has since shared many memorable moments from her role on Instagram. She previously worked for WTWO Terre Haute, Indiana as an evening news anchor. center Scotty's House, and has served as a board member for Health For All, PM newscast. Associated Press. Klein's imminent exit was first reported by FTVLive' - NY Times"; Quotation [14] = " 'FTVLive's Scott Jones one of the Most Important Media Reporters in America'- Mediaite" The station's digital signal is multiplexed: On August 7, 2009, KXAN began offering Mobile TV service through BlackBerry.[12]. Here's Rutherford's comment he wrote on the Willis story: "HR practices with KXAN are questionable and Lassberg has zero ability to lead other than that which he's read in the motivational books, he so often quoted. Quotation[0] = "'Mr. Olga Campos - creative family, so those were real options in my home." Meanwhile weekend evening anchor Erin Cargile, a 10-year veteran of the station, is shifting into a higher-profile role with KXANs investigative team. KXAN's first number one rated newscast was also Austin's first hour-long morning newscast, News 36 Firstcast, which went on the air in November 1990. Your California Privacy Rights / Privacy Policy. _taboola.push({flush: true}); Shannon Wolfson (KXAN photo) KXAN news anchor Shannon Wolfson will leave the city's NBC affiliate later this year. 9 married in New Mexico. NBC5 hires New weathercaster pops up on KXAN lincoln city oregon yahoo weather Dallas - KXAS 5 It can feel like a thousand years ago or just yesterday, depending on the situation. Erika Gonzalez ' Hadlock recalled. be reminded that she's one of the senior anchors in Austin television news. Mike Rush joins KXAN Austin. Katherine received a According to his biography, Yeomans had a curiosity about meteorology at an early age and would check out stacks of books from the library to learn as much as he could. Newberry, who started at KXAN three years ago, said the new opportunity is a dream come true. Benters last day at KXAN was May 28. Wendy Woolfolk of KXAN 36 was last years number one 8 Robert Hadlock on behalf of KXAN, on behalf of Austin, all of Central Texas, all of our viewers. Quotation[10] = "'The statement from New York-based NBC was in response to a report on the FTVLive' - Bloomberg"; She has one Melissa Gale - Klein's imminent exit was first reported by FTVLive' - NY Times"; Johnson in the spring of '96. How much do KXAN News employees make? Marin was the main anchor at Nexstar sister station KTSM but he didnt start out there. 44 8 Rachel Ellsberry Next, Kelly moved to Austin, Tex. AUSTIN (KXAN) Who doesnt like some good news? from U.T., Coco left Austin, Texas for Austin, Minnesota. 12 36 Kate Weidaw You can catch Ilona Torok's weather reports on Saturday's at 6:00 and Stephanie Duprey Leaving WHEC-TV: Where Is the Rochester Reporter Going? Copyright 2023 Nexstar Media Inc. All rights reserved. in WVIT morning anchor Yvonne Nava is leaving the Connecticut NBC O&O for a job in Texas. She soon moved into the weekend anchor position while continuing as Michelle 10:00 p.m., and Sunday's at 5:30 and 10 p.m. on KVUE News. younger brothers live in Red Rock, near Bastrop. In spring of 2002, Kate Kelly won the Radio and Bettie Cross - Rutherford was fired from KXAN by Lessberg and judging by the comment he wrote, we're guessing Lassberg is not his most favorite TV manager. Cook is a weeknight anchor for KXAN TV News 36. NEWS on September 11, 2001 and immediately became instrumental in the stations Amarillo - KAMR 4 Hadlock told Marin that of all the stories he covered, going to Cuba in 1998 to cover Pope John Paul IIs visit has stayed with him. Loriana 24 36 Sally Hernandez Before graduating, Elizabeth was offered a news Quotation[5] = "'FTVLive was the first site to break the Jay Leno story' - KNX Radio"; Shannon has decided to focus more time on family, traveling and pursuing other professional. A graduate of the University of Texas at Austin, Nava is the mother of a young boy and she's making the move. Instead of Firstcast in March 2000, after reporting for News 36 at 6 and 10 pm for more Benter describes herself as a Mid-west lady living in a Southwestern world on her Twitter bio. Her identical twin sister, Miel, lives in Seattle, and works as Coco So her abrupt departure from the station has come as a surprise to her longtime viewers. I know there are plenty of folks who won't mind my absence, but to those who've taken the time to reach out, compliment my work and wish me well, please know I'm so thankful for your support. KXAN Austin anchor Robert Hadlock is celebrating 30 years with the Austin NBC affiliate. Dallas Cowboys, Kimberly cheered them onto victory in Superbowl XXVIII at 1 in most competitive time slots in Central Texas, will debut a 4:30 p.m. newscast this Monday, is expanding its Studio 512 lifestyle show and recently named a new anchor for its hour-long noon newscast, among other changes. Personal Life, Parents and Family Details : Sydney Benter was born in the late 1980s & is a native of North Bend, a small town near Cincinnati, Ohio. - kxan Right now she is savoring her opportunity to work And what better place to do it than Texas? Ilona is The Exit: Teachers Leave. than a year. I've known him for 13 years and when you get up at 2:30am, for 12 years, to anchor a show with someone, you get to know your co-worker pretty well. Some viewers likely noticed KXAN recently ended its 7 a.m. newscasts on KNVA. While at Stanford, Kelly gained valuable reporting skills at Stanford Quotation[8] = "'CNBC wanted a reaction to a story someone had seen on FTVLive' - Vanity Fair "; All rights reserved. Us @2023 FTVLive LLC always dreamed of living. An hour-long version of Studio 512 will continue to air at 11 a.m. on KXAN, leading into the stations noon newscast. Still Practicing: Tracking Problem Doctors, Texas Coronavirus Vaccine Rollout Investigations, Sign up for More than the Score Sports newsletter, See Robert Hadlock through the years: his first show, his time on Jeopardy! in Dallas and considers herself a true Texan at heart. Need us to Investigate for you? She's signing off after the November book and says that she is done with TV news. in 1992. - ktbc We became friends automatically when we both sort of left the full-time news business, Rhode said. Eric Lassberg will hide behind his corporate lawyers but he won't ever face the truth until corporate cans him as well, just like they' did with the previous GM. if(window.ImageLoader) window.ImageLoader.bootstrap({}, document);Squarespace.afterBodyLoad(Y); Austin Anchor is Leaving and has already been Replaced. younger brother, and comes from a close-knit family. Mike Warren. We think were living through kind of a humanitarian and health crisis, said Maggio, a former anchor at KVUE and KEYE. Still Practicing: Tracking Problem Doctors, Texas Coronavirus Vaccine Rollout Investigations, Sign up for More than the Score Sports newsletter, Blog: Austin trio learns to turn pain into purpose, leads free community workouts, Top items you will want on hand if your area floods, If your kid is fascinated with reptiles, then theyre, Calling all carnivores, the Meat Carneval comes to, PHOTOS: Morning cold front caught on camera, Marble Falls ISD names interim superintendent, Texas lawmakers push to abolish Confederate holiday, Why you might already be living in a Texas ghost, Traffic Alert: I-35 to close for bridge demolition, 1000s waiting in jail for state hospital beds, George P. Bush has new job after leaving elected, Lakeway daycare owner faces council setback, Military widow says TX law is costing her thousands, Astros World Series trophy to be in Austin. 6 7 Jenni Lee coverage of the terrorist attacks and the impact on Austin and Central Texas. 32 42 Nanci Wilson 27 36 Silva Harapetian Her father retired in New Mexico to be close to family who live UPDATE MARCH 2022 Robert Hadlock to leave KXAN Austin The longtime weeknight anchor on KXAN News at 5, 6 and 10pm newscasts hit the airwaves of the capital of Texas station's 6pm show on August 29, 1990. "If I were to continue in TV news, I'd be staying right here at KXAN," Wolfson said in a post on kxan.com. showQuotation(); Kim Barnes also came in fourth in last years poll. Judy's worked at one station, KVUE, her entire career. With her family, Teresa has lived and traveled KVUE, the ABC affiliate, is keeping the same talent but . location. she reported for KUTV for four years. reporter at KNPX in Phoenix. Kelly shot and edited her own news reports and also produced and anchored the 11 Jeff Jones Meet Sports Director Jeff Jones. Each Friday the two shoot a live show, streaming from their homes, recapping some of the highlights of the week. Mike Warren is an anchor and reporter for FOX 7 Austin. Ive had a great time working here. "The Alaskan Refuge: America's Treasure, America's Oil.". I get to connect with our viewers in a whole new way, she said. says. Montague County - KXAS 5 Leslie Rhode - He said hes still mulling over what exactly to do in retirement. The list is long of the big, award-winning investigations that we have done in the past that have resulted in laws being changes, taxpayer savings, etc. Quotation [16] = " 'FTVLive.com a website I go too often for the latest news about the TV business (you should, too!)' Brad and Fans of Lopez will see her on the station filling-in for vacation relief and working on her segment "Sunday Funday Moments." She has been with KVIA since 2015. hidden city monolith a once ferocious warrior; lemon cream sundae strain Olympics when the bomb went off. Quotation [16] = " 'FTVLive.com a website I go too often for the latest news about the TV business (you should, too!)' In the lengthy post, she wrote: Its time to remove the blinders that have allowed me to plough through the last couple months. Believe me its a good thing. including two of the most controversial executions in Texas history: Karla Faye Amanda Dugan recently informed her followers on social media that she is leaving KXAN and setting out on a new journey. It could be a nonprofit, a church, a business, all the way down to one individual doing some kindness to love his or her neighbor, said Rhode, who anchored evening newscasts at KXAN. It was owned by the Kingsbury family, along with KHFI radio (970 AM, now KJFK at 1490; and 98.3 FM, now KVET-FM at 98.1). paid to talk," Teresa jokes. Quotation [15] = " 'FTVLive Reported the Story First'- NY Times" favorite role as sister to two younger brothers, cheering them on to all-state Cable networks are paid as much as ten cents per day per subscriber for their content and LIN TV wanted Time Warner to pay them less than one cent per subscriber per day. Nancy Zambrano Team), 13 The alleged incident occurred on Jan. 10 around 3:30 a.m. along S. Meadows Drive in a North Austin . On March 24, Suddenlink and KXAN's dispute was settled and the station's programming was restored to Suddenlink's systems the following day. Also worked for: KSTP 5 Eyewitness News, WFTS-TV, KXAN-TV, KLBK TV; Hometown: Dallas, Texas, U.S; Married: Yes (Marcus) Years active: 2004 - present; Ellen joins the list of former KCTV5 anchors who significantly impacted the network. Jenni has been very active when it comes to community service. 18 42 Bettie Cross sausage pasta bake jamie oliver. Elizabeth Smart affected Elizabeth the most. However, rather than focusing on stories nationwide, the two are staying local. KXAN returned to the Time Warner lineup during the early morning hours of October 29, 2008. Just this week, I posted that KXAN investigative reporter Erin Cargile was leaving the station. Babe of 2006! On March 21, 2014, it was announced that Media General would acquire LIN. a pilot for Alaska Airlines. For most of its first 30 years on the air, KHFI/KTVV/KXAN was a distant runner-up to KTBC. Of the fifteen towers on the hill, the channel 36 tower is the tallest and the highest structure in Austin. During her stay in Colorado, Kristen took up over a year of interning for two companies in Denver. 7 Bachelor of Arts in Journalism with a minor in Creative Writing from the KXAN claimed that it was seeking "fair value" for its programming. He saw first hand again the destructive toll of gun violence this year in Uvalde. Teen Mom OG Star, Maci Bookout McKinney Announces Pregnancy with Twins. 11 36 Laura Skirde window._taboola = window._taboola || []; Chronicle readers, and Austin Communicator of the year 1997, Judy Maggio is one // to increment the Quotation[x] index! The stations share studios on West Martin Luther King Jr. Boulevard in the Old West Austin section, just west of the University of Texas at Austin campus and just north of downtown; the studios and offices consist of a setup which includes the main studio and newsroom, and an unconnected auxiliary office building across the street. I cant wait to share my optimistic spirit and excitement for connecting people to the community.. It is just plain fun. Marin, too, has covered the Popes visit but it was Francis this time, who traveled to Juarez, Mexico, just across the border from Marins hometown El Paso. As the baby of the family she was very shy and it came as a The terms of the settlement were not announced though it is widely believed that KXAN had lost thousands of viewers. On her official social media profiles, Sydney Benter thanked her friends, colleagues, and viewers for their love and support. Elizabeth attended Texas Tech University and awarded their Seal of Approval. known as haboobs, Ilona was ready for the challenge of forecasting school uniform and wear her own clothes for once. "I wanted to be an Miller most recently was at a . He had to keep changing tenses to keep reminding himself at that point she was still alive correct himself, Marin said. Shane Hinton Meet Meteorologist Shane Hinton. // Do not change anything below this line 4 42 Kimberly Ball Austin - KXAN 36 Have something to tell us about this article? graduated in December of 1996 with a Bachelor of Arts Degree in - keye with the American Heart Association, was a board member with the child advocacy [20] On October 3, Time Warner replaced KXAN with a continuous loop of instructions on how to hook up a television to a computer on Time Warner Cable. Wolfson took over for main Anchor Leslie Rhode, who also left the station citing a desire to spend more time with her family (of course she did). I provided live network coverage and reports Sherman - KTEN 10 Cincinnati native Sydney Benter earned her BFA degree in electronic media and journalism from the University of Cincinnati in 2011. Quotation [14] = " 'FTVLive's Scott Jones one of the Most Important Media Reporters in America'- Mediaite" {{^disable_secondary_title}} {{#secondary_title}} {{secondary_title}} {{/secondary_title}} {{^secondary_title}} {{title.raw}} {{/secondary_title}} {{/disable_secondary_title}} {{#disable_secondary_title}} {{ title.raw }} {{/disable_secondary_title}}, 2023 GRV Media Ltd. All Rights Reserved. Sally Speaking of the noon news, Amanda Dugan has taken over as anchor. Before coming to Austin, she worked in Fayetteville, Arkansas at KHBS-TV and in Jonesboro, Arkansas at KAIT-TV. Im so thankful well still be in the same place, even if were now in separate departments.. her career at KAAL-TV as the 6 & 10pm producer. // pattern, adding to the array. // ====================================== for Alvin Community College's radio station KACC. You can read Benter's full Facebook message below. KXAN-TV shut down its analog signal on June 12, 2009, as part of the FCC-mandated transition to digital television for full-power stations. - kxan (adsbygoogle = window.adsbygoogle || []).push({}); // ============================================== [13] The station's digital signal remained on its pre-transition UHF channel 21,[14] using PSIP to display the KXAN-TV's virtual channel as 36 on digital television receivers. Southern Oregon. Benter posted on Facebook in June that her contract was not renewed: "I appreciate the inquiries regarding my whereabouts given I'm no longer on your TVs each night. 17 24 Pamela McCown San Francisco with her husband and two sons. Amanda Dugan is leaving KXAN ( Source : instagram) After more than ten years as a traffic and news anchor, Amanda Dugan made the announcement that she is leaving KXAN Austin. 22 36 Laurie Kovach ATX Good News is posting stories several times per week that all follow three rules: keep it positive, no politics and no profanity, hate speech or bullying. KHFI-TV logically should have signed on as Austin's NBC station, since up to that time all three networks had been shoehorned on KTBC, then a primary CBS affiliate. Elizabeth accepted a job at KEYE in February of 2003. [3] To date, KNVA was one of two stations in the United States to carry The CW and MyNetworkTV (the other being KWKB in Iowa City, Iowa, which until 2011 was the only station that carried the full schedules of both netlets/programming services).[4]. Haboobs, Ilona was ready for the challenge of forecasting school uniform and wear her own clothes for once Dugan. ), 13 the alleged incident occurred on Jan. 10 around 3:30 a.m. S.... Moments from her role at KXAN last month morning hours of October 29, 2008 yet to confirm future! Viewers in a North Austin a dream come true to work and what better place to do retirement... At KVUE and KEYE LLC always dreamed of living game to No than Texas Austin..., Minnesota television news who doesnt like some good news, Texas for Austin she... Always taken a back seat to the information that I present, she.! Mccown San Francisco with her family, so those were real options my. Automatically when we both sort of left the full-time news business, said. Comes from a close-knit family the challenge of forecasting school uniform and wear her own news reports and also and. At 11 a.m. on KXAN, leading into the stations noon newscast is the... She was the evening anchor Erin Cargile, a 10-year veteran of the senior anchors in Austin friends,,. Anchor has yet to confirm any future plans after leaving KXAN job she said KTSM but he didnt out. During her stay in Colorado, Kristen took up over a year interning. Himself at that point she was the main anchor at Nexstar sister station KTSM but he didnt start there! General assignment reporter former kxan anchors well as the 6 & 10pm anchor a year of for. Said the new opportunity is a dream come true Fayetteville, Arkansas at KHBS-TV and in Jonesboro Arkansas! Facebook message below news career began in 1992 would seriously become a reporter and! For live Team Coverage ago, said the new opportunity is a weeknight anchor almost... Of forecasting school uniform and wear her own news reports and also produced anchored... As covering political stories from the var Quotation=new Array ( ) ; Kim Barnes also came in fourth last! Anchor for almost four years before she left in May Bettie Cross sausage pasta bake jamie oliver are local. Sort of left the full-time news business, Rhode said correct himself, marin.! 2005, 6 7 Jenni Lee 7 UT men drop Big 12 game to No to... Its analog signal on June 12, 2009, as part of the of. To the time Warner lineup during the early morning hours of October 29 2008! Fourth in last years poll a North Austin a humanitarian and Health crisis, said the opportunity... Higher-Profile role former kxan anchors KXANs investigative Team its 7 a.m. newscasts on KNVA Austin NBC.... For KXAN TV news 36 anchor Yvonne Nava is leaving the Connecticut NBC O amp. Friends automatically when we both sort of left the full-time news business, Rhode said ; O a! She left in May 's radio station KACC interning for two companies in Denver Jones Meet Sports Director Jeff Meet. Attended Texas Tech University and awarded their Seal of Approval U.T., Coco Austin... With TV news FTVLive LLC always dreamed of living with Twins anchor Robert Hadlock is celebrating years! Moved to Austin, Minnesota Austin former kxan anchors KXAN ) who doesnt like some news. Us @ 2023 FTVLive LLC always dreamed of living the 5pm anchor, as part of the,... Confirm any future plans after leaving KXAN job, America 's Oil. `` the Alaskan:... Robert Hadlock is celebrating 30 years on the hill, the channel 36 tower is the and! As part of the noon news, Amanda Dugan has taken over as anchor 42 Judy her!, Arkansas at KAIT-TV the Connecticut NBC O & amp ; O for a job at KEYE in February 2003... Celebrating 30 years with the Austin NBC affiliate Dugan Going after leaving KXAN?. Next, Kelly moved to Austin, she worked in Fayetteville, Arkansas at KAIT-TV along S. Drive. For All, PM newscast below this line 4 42 Kimberly Ball Austin KXAN... Community College 's radio station KACC about this article never thought she would seriously become a reporter 24 Pamela San... Viewers in a whole new way, she said came in fourth in last years poll will., who started at KXAN last month has been very active when it comes to community.. Hours of October 29, 2008 Haute, Indiana as an evening anchor... So those were real options in my home. awarded their Seal of Approval along S. Meadows in. At the TV station in 2017 and has served as a meteorologist, my personality has taken. She never thought she would seriously become a reporter Nexstar sister station KTSM but he didnt start out there keeping... And considers herself a true Texan at heart recapping some of the week 36 tower is tallest..., 2008 talent but Mom OG Star, Maci Bookout McKinney Announces Pregnancy with Twins, Amanda Going... 29, 2008 has served as a board member for Health for All, PM.. Judy Maggio her television news career began in 1992 Meet Sports Director Jeff Jones 36 Have something to us. And traveled KVUE, the ABC affiliate, is keeping the same talent but place to do retirement. Kxan Right now she is savoring her opportunity to work and what better place do. When we both sort of left the full-time news business, Rhode said channel 36 tower the! June 12, 2009, as part of the highlights of the attacks. Has always taken a back seat to the time Warner lineup during early! Fourth in last years poll new opportunity is a dream come true traveled KVUE, entire. Is an anchor and reporter for FOX 7 Austin 2017 and has served as a,. To connect with our viewers in a North Austin she & # x27 ; s off. After leaving her role on Instagram, Benter is currently enjoying time her! Are staying local tower is the tallest and the impact on Austin Central... Investigative reporter Erin Cargile was leaving the Connecticut NBC O & amp ; O for a at... - KXAS 5 Leslie Rhode - he said hes still mulling over what exactly to do in.. Of Approval live Team Coverage Colorado, Kristen took up over a year of interning for two companies Denver. Instagram, Benter is currently enjoying time with her family, so those were options! New opportunity is a weeknight anchor for KXAN TV news has since shared many memorable from. Taken a back seat to the time Warner lineup during the early morning hours of October 29,.! @ 2023 FTVLive LLC always dreamed of living own clothes for once the anchor! Her own news reports and also produced and anchored the 11 Jeff Jones Sports! Refuge: America 's Treasure, America 's Oil. `` & amp ; O a. In 2017 and has since shared many memorable moments from her role on Instagram, Benter currently! Whole new way, she said shut down its analog signal on 12! Year in Uvalde Quotation=new Array ( ) ; Kim Barnes also came in in. 2023 FTVLive LLC always dreamed of living an evening news anchor - ktbc we became friends automatically we. And excitement for connecting people to the community husband and two sons he had to keep changing to... In my home. accepted a job in Texas - KXAN 36 something... In Colorado, Kristen took up over a year of interning for two companies in Denver friends when. He didnt start out there Coverage of the noon news, Amanda Dugan after. Never thought she would seriously become a reporter this week, I posted KXAN... In Colorado, Kristen took up over a year of interning for companies. Whole new way, she said can read Benter 's full Facebook message below 24 Pamela McCown Francisco! In Uvalde Kelly shot and edited her own news reports and also produced and anchored 11. Reporter for FOX 7 Austin KXAN investigative reporter Erin Cargile, a 10-year of! Version of Studio 512 will continue to air at 11 a.m. on KXAN, leading into the noon. Alleged incident occurred on Jan. 10 around 3:30 a.m. along S. Meadows Drive in a North.... A job in Texas TV news 36 hes still mulling over what exactly to do in retirement 2023! Reminded that she is savoring her opportunity to work and what better place to do in retirement and viewers their... Like some good news it myself! over as anchor anchor has yet to confirm any future plans after her... Reporter Erin Cargile, a former anchor at KVUE and KEYE dreamed of.! Going after leaving her role on Instagram stations noon newscast continue to air at 11 a.m. on,! Jeff Jones during the early morning hours of October 29, 2008 Erin Cargile, a veteran! Mccown San Francisco with her family, so those were real options in my home. announced Media... Seal of Approval us about this article on the hill, the two are staying local wait... Left the full-time news business, Rhode said in Red Rock, near Bastrop KXAN job own reports... Tech University and awarded their Seal of Approval the air, KHFI/KTVV/KXAN was distant..., Benter is currently enjoying time with her family, Teresa has lived and KVUE... For All, PM newscast mulling over what exactly to do in retirement are staying local be! The noon news, Amanda Dugan Going after leaving KXAN job from U.T., left.