Serbia has become well known for its culture, deep and lengthy history, delicious cuisine, beautiful unspoiled nature, hiking, forests, and vibrant nightlife in major cities in the country. Sadly, in Belgrade it is an ordinary sight. Serbs generally compalin about the quality of life here and they have a good reason for doing so. He loves Serbia so much, that he speaks serbian better than most of the people here, I was shocked. Why isn't Nomad List free?. So my point is, if you want to travel somewhere in Europe from here, it really isn't that far away! I am mostly talking about Vojvodina, because I live in Belgrade and honestly, I really like the architecture of this region. Tuition fees are lower than comparable schools found in Western Europe. Please set a real color profile photo of just your face. Although Serbia is not such a great country when you compare it to other european countries, it still has some advantages in comparison to many countries in the world. This might have changed a bit but still it is the place to go out and have an amazing time! Serbia has in total of 6 national parks and handfull of other nature reserves and protected sites, which is quite a number I'd say. In poor countries like Serbia, money is of great value and if you have it, you can do pretty much anything (corruption). Click here to find out more about pricesin Belgrade clubs. I have never visited it, but I'd love to do it one day, since that is one of those special, one of a kind places in Serbia - a must visit for sure. Since I happen to fall under this category, to me serbian cousine goes under cons (I can beat that if you're serbian, you're probably rolling your eyes now), but as I said it is a rather positive thing to most Serbs and apparently tourists as well. But I still have this passion left in me. While salaries, of course are staying the same. Needles to say, a lot of people are unemployed or live on the border of poverty and the government seems not to care at all. Since Sarnia is the home to one of the world's . Although the coast of Georgia is not as long as it is in some other states, there is still plenty of boating to do. The nation has increased its global economic trade outside of the Central European Free Trade Agreement (CEFTA), having concluded bilateral free-trade agreements with Russia, Belarus, Kazakhstan, Turkey, and the European Free Trade Association (Norway, Switzerland, Iceland, and Liechtenstein). Traditional serbian way of living is deeply rooted in patriarchal believes, where man is the head of the house and women are treated more like servants, than loving wives. Also, if you compare Serbia to most of ex-Yugoslav countries (Slovenia, Croatia, Bosnia and Herzegovina, Montenegro and Macedonia) things aren't looking any better either. I use to say that we aren't any different than other countries in Europe in terms of resources and land, but that the problem lies in the people who are leading this country. You will not spend hours a day in a car moving from one part of the city to another. The benefits of our geographical location reflect in the climate too. The Pros of Living in Florida #1. IN Belgrade entry is absolutely free of charge. Its an adventure and prices are pretty good. They will rarely mind their own business and will try to stick their nose into everything. Not to mention how many mountains there are, all the way through the central, western, eastern and souther part of Serbia. If you have something to add up, please send us an email. As a rule, you submit the request if you intend to stay in Serbia for more than 90 days as of the date of entry, i.e. Not much you can do. The current tax allowances are as follows: Companies that do not qualify for the current exemption are taxed at 15%. 25 Pros Of Living In Vermont. 18 Pros and Cons of Living in Australia. People here have some sort of aversion and prejudice towards those who don't like this kind of food and can often feel insulted or make fun of you. Why is that so strange to people here, I'll never understand. You can change it later. Serbia requires an investor to purchase real estate in Serbia, where prices can start at 10,000 and move into the millions to gain residency through this route. Serbs really stood up for these people who were crossing and gave their best to help them out. Make sure to read article Taxis in Belgrade to stay informed. Gerald Manoharan, partner, J Sagar Associates explains, "When people are aware that they have to shell out money for EMI every month, they begin to take their finances . Or maybe Serbian people have distanced themselves so much from the nature that they've forgotten how beautiful and calming it is? This leads to a situation where you spend all of the money just to satisfy the basic needs and pay for the flat and other bills and thus cannot or rarely can afford to actually enjoy life a little and spend some money on yourself. So my point is, if you want to travel somewhere in Europe from here, it really isn't that far away! Trickery - lying and cheating others. But maybe one day it will happen again who knows. Billed once. Siting at the wrong car can ruin your time in Belgrade. This leads to a situation where you spend all of the money just to satisfy the basic needs and pay for the flat and other bills and thus cannot or rarely can afford to actually enjoy life a little and spend some money on yourself. I am no feminist or anything (I despise that term), I just find that all people should live in a sort of sinergy, encourage and help each other and not limit themselves by setting these silly boundaries. So if you happen to be a sports fan, you'll love Serbia and you'll have plenty of what to talk with people. If you try to talk about this to an average Serb, he will say to you that all that is 'western propaganda' and that he will never accept it, bla bla. And then again in.. Ok, I got you, that's all! What are the pros and cons of living in Serbia? And while working nonstop in order to secure us a decent future, they are left wth almost no free time for themselves and their needs. This country has three official languages - Dutch, French and German, a strong labor market and many opportunities for immigrants. We also import all other kinds of vegetables and fruit, so you can say that food available here is quite rich and diverse. Below are pictures of various serbian cities and architectural styles. Maybe it's just me? I think Serbs should practise going out in the naturemore often,because it's the best way to relax, but it isn't really common here unfortunately. This allows foreign investors to obtain Serbian residency easily, instead of having to jump through immigration hoops that other nations set up. I find this odd, since I believe at least Europeans should know where the rest of european countries are located (I wouldn't be that surprised if I asked someone from Asia, but someone from Europe, pfff, come on, you gotta know this stuff hehe!). The pros of living in the Caribbean are spectacular beaches, beautiful natural scenery and easy access to major international cities. Well, in the end they are the ones who prosper from all this. The average home in Sedona is priced at over $800,000, which has increased over 30% in the last year alone. This way of thinking has stuck to these days, even though we are not really paying attention to it, since it's been a part of our every day life for such a long time and is perfectly normal to us. I find this odd, since I believe at least Europeans should know where the rest of european countries are located (I wouldn't be that surprised if I asked someone from Asia, but someone from Europe, pfff, come on, you gotta know this stuff hehe!). If necessary, we will ask you for additional documents that you may add within your request on the portal. First, please go to your email and click the confirm link first to verify your email address, check your spam folder if you can't find it, After you confirm your email we'll send you an email with more info. Most of our parents usually had to sacrifice a lot so we could have a decent schooling, medical care, etc. One-time-payment: $199.98 $99.992023 NEW YEAR 50% off. Sight-seeing can also fulfill your free time and sometimes you just can't wait to show some of the architecture in your city to your friends. I use to say that we aren't any different than other countries in Europe in terms of resources and land, but that the problem lies in the people who are leading this country. When you look at our citizens most of them are poor or live average, but then again, there are people who are rich and loaded with money. As a matter of fact, Serbia is (one more fun fact) world's biggest exporter of raspberries. because those things aren't for free. Or any kind of future at all. Throughout Serbia, you will encounter great number of sacral buildings and monuments, that are of great significance to people here (Serbs are generally highly religious). You might get surprised how food actually taste natural. Dividends are taxed at 15%, and personal income taxes are very favorable. Readable text, interesting sidebars, and illuminating infographics invite readers to jump in and join the debate. A Spanish explorer, Luis Vaz de Torres, sailed through the strait which would eventually bear his name later that year. And it's beautiful! Next, when talking about differences in income, they are immense. There is a rich history of tertiary education in Serbia for local and international students. He has been at the very top of the game for many years now and is probably our most famous athlete. About Press Copyright Contact us Creators Advertise Developers Terms Privacy Policy & Safety How YouTube works Test new features Press Copyright Contact us Creators . Belgrade is way safer then other European Capitals. If you try to talk about this to an average Serb, he will say to you that all that is 'western propaganda' and that he will never accept it, bla bla. It's just these things that are being sold to us in stores. Not only prejudice about Serbia, but of the whole eastern Europe, since media portrays the situation here in a bad way most of the time (like we're still in war over here or something). Among those in Europe is Serbia, a country that does not get the recognition it merits in terms of immigration, but one that should not escape your consideration. But anyhow, I'd say that here we have the best of both worlds. This is a sort of a continuation of my first con post - low life standard. Residents typically rent their own units in coliving communities and share common amenities such as kitchens, laundry facilities, and outdoor spaces. See the FAQ. Maybe it seems silly to you, but we still take great pride in all this after all these years. Also, they live a lot under stress and have many other problems to deal with, so the food is not the only thing to blame. Now lets see, the average serbian salary is around 200 euros (if you're lucky you'll have up to 400 euros, but anyway, that still wouldn't be enough to make a proper living here). The grey area surrounding the legality of moving to Serbia is thick enough to justify using the word 'foggy' as a descriptor. Explore our dedicated country site SerbiaWealth.info. The request may be submitted as the first request for temporary residence approval or as the request for extension of temporary residence. Our politicians as well, are loaded. There are various international primary and secondary schools, including the British, French, Russian, and American schools. What are the pros and cons of living in the capital of Serbia? Processed meat of every kind is the most common grocery here: salami, sausages, pates (sort of a meat paste). For nature (and especially mountain) lovers, this really is the place to be. Web project ite.gov.rs. The only negative thing in all this is that there is certain rivalship mostly between supporters of different serbian footbal teams and they can really cross the limits sometimes, fight, and cause riots and even end up killing each other. First of all, this is only my opinion and point of view, you may agree with it or not - nor hard feelings. In southern parts, the most notable is the turkish influence, but some of it can be seen in Belgrade as well. But anyhow, I'd say that here we have the best of both worlds. 1. If you manage to make western salary and live in Belgrade, you will have a blast. As a rule, you submit the request if you intend to stay in Serbia for more than 90 days as of the date of entry, i.e. We would like to know your experience of living in Belgrade as as foreigner. If you look at Serbia as a whole, from north to south, you'll notice how the landscape varies and changes from plains and pastures to high mountains and canyons. I ended up working in a warehouse (for 8 hours) with blisters all over my hands and I got really poorly paid. Outside of serbian cities, lies a rather different picture. Pros and cons when living in Serbia , 23. 2016. For both options, an investor would apply for residency; this requires the investor to open a bank account and deposit about 1,500 to show proof of funds to support themselves. Whether you are planning to move to this. Calling it 'welfare' is even an overstatement. Main reason why I've put this under pros, is because sometimes it can really unite us and spread so much positive energy. By using this service, we immediately receive your request for approval or extension of temporary residence and it is processed in an efficient and fast manner. They usually have some kind of prejudice before coming to Serbia and then end up surprised when they get to know people. There are also numerous lakes, caves and waterfalls scattered throughout Serbia and even a few sandy terrains in nothern region Vojvodina. A Serbian notary must be present when the contract is signed. We also have(if I may say)a glorious history in these sports (back from the time when we were still Yugoslavia). What makes it even easier is that the process can be done remotely, and there is no requirement to be in Serbia at this stage. Their pending membership into the EU, vibrant city lifestyle with quality IT infrastructure, and low taxes are attractive options for investors and entrepreneurs. On top of all that, every month prices slowly go higher and higher and those are always the prices of the most important and basic groceries, such as bread, flour, sugar and other needfull things (at least needfull to most people) like gas, electricity, cigarettes, etc. for more than the period provided by bilateral agreement between the Republic of Serbia and the state of which you are a citizen for short stay in the Republic of Serbia without a visa or approved temporary residence. Every wealthy society today is quite open-minded and prone to some changes (a.k.a. As we said there is no Subway. There are two options available in the RBI program. 11. Not only is the cost of living in Berlin lower compared to other major cities in Germany. Fearfulness - of change. Today, Serbia is quite different. English is prevalent throughout the nation thanks to its robust education system and growing tourism sector, while the healthcare foundation is robust, allowing those residing in the country to live worry-free in terms of health concerns. Europe is known for its richness and variety when it comes to culture and all those pretty european countries you've heard about are really at the tip of our hand. Each year, the National Employment Service publishes various incentives for the employment of highly qualified individuals. Maybe it's just me? This Sunday 19:00 @ Members-only event. Beside amazing Portugal, Belgrade is at the top of the list when it comes to price vs quality of living. IT Tax Advantage Both the expats and the locals enjoy the tax advantage in this country. Five of them are declared as national parks - Frushka Gora, Tara, Kopaonik, Zlatibor and Shar mountain. Nowadays, you cannot see kids playing outside that much, since technology kind of took over their free time, but in my time (childhood), we were all about playing outside, running, riding bikes, getting ourselves hurt and shedding a few tears ahah Memories! And many of my friends from class were also good at sports and quite a competition to beat when we were having our annual school marathons. Switzerland Isn't a Sum of its Parts. Here are some basketball facts for those of you who are not already familiar: Yugoslavia was considered the second super power in international basketball, just behind the United States. We put up this article as realistic as possible. Living in Vermont can be exciting, with 11 unique regions to choose from. When I'm abroad and talk to foreigners about this, they often don't know where Serbia is located or what the capital city is. The first known landing in Australia by European explorers happened in 1606 when Willem Janszoon made his way to the continent. It is absolutely not true. Personally, I can list WAY more cons than pros when it comes to this subject, since I don't really like living here, but I decided to keep things . We use your birth date to better match you with other nomads and personalize destination recommendations to you. During the year 2021: 70% tax and 100% PIO contribution; During 2022: 65% tax and 95% contribution to PIO; and. Formerly a part of Yugoslavia, Serbia is a small landlocked country located in southeastern Europe between Macedonia and Hungary. But who knows what kind of stuff they put into all this and if that is genuine meat at all. Remember that saying 'You are what you eat'. Money has become such an important part of today's society that almost every aspect of our life is controlled by it. These burger stores are literally everywhere, in every corner. Food diversity is huge. The 6th national park is Djerdap National Park, and it occupies the Djerdap gorge, that is (now comes the fun fact) the longest breakthrough gorge in Europe. Shumadija - region in central Serbia, named after the forests that once used to cover the largest part of its territory, Avala mountain and its viewpoint (not far from Belgrade), Glacial lake on Shar mountain (southern Serbia). Bakeries in Belgrade are located almost at any corner. I myself, even went to some sport competitions (high jump), during my primary school. Or maybe Serbian people have distanced themselves so much from the nature that they've forgotten how beautiful and calming it is? I'm guessing that's why older Serbs are so negative and passive most of the time. Here people generally appreciate sports a lot, especially football and basketball and you will often see dedicated kids training some of these sports from the very young age. Or they buy our version of burger called pljeskavica. When talking about gender differences, in Serbia you will rarely see women doing 'male' jobs and vice versa, for example women working as construction workers, policemen, bus/trolleycar drivers (trolleycar is the most common form of public transport in Belgrade, next to buses). We also import all other kinds of vegetables and fruit, so you can say that food available here is quite rich and diverse. Some products even cost more than in Austria or Germany. Living in Austria means enjoying easy access to world-class museums, opera houses, theaters, and concerts. 0:00 - Intro1:22 - Cost of living 2:41 - Serbia isnt in the EU4:22 - Location4:59 - City of Belgrade 5:40 - Serbian people 6:29 - Serbia isnt a big travel destination 7:53 - Rent prices 8:38 - Safety9:02 - Serbian language 9:36 - Getting a residence permit 10:40 - Laid back approach to life 11:29 - Weak economy 13:19 - Low living standards / Quality of life14:56 - Corruption My Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/annarusvagabond/Other videos about SerbiaGet your residency in Serbia: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fLx-_PTWxXI\u0026t=77sWhy life in Serbia is great: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K_zbUo1vs-U\u0026t=399sInterviews with expats in Serbia: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b2pPUaJBEnQ\u0026t=98shttps://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DZ_2fPfAiis\u0026t=1187shttps://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5jobrgZH7o0\u0026t=42sConsultation \u0026 cooperation: mail@russianvagabond.comAbout me:I am Anna an explorer, traveler, and global citizen who originated in Mother Russia.The last 5 years I have spent in Germany, Greece, Austria, and India working, studying, or volunteering. Interested in reading more about companies, bank accounts, and immigration in Serbia? Maybe it's just me? There are no additional wealth taxes, and inheritance and gift taxes are low at 1.5% 2.5%. On the other hand, tourists from other countries seem to really enjoy their time here and it's quite understandable why. And the rest of the features are quite clear. If you are smoker this might not be an issue for you. And then again in 2002. Top 10 Facts About Living Conditions in Serbia Formerly a part of Yugoslavia, Serbia is a small landlocked country located in southeastern Europe between Macedonia and Hungary. Our traditional cousine is also one of our strongest brands when it comes to tourism. Banking is Easy, But . They just take it too personal I guess. Some clients like this transparency, but others may not be able to stomach the machinations of the prices moving up or down. Change in this case, means progress. Fatalism - believing they can't do anything to change current situation, thus giving up and being absolutely passive or 'going with the flow'. Every wealthy society today is quite open-minded and prone to some changes (a.k.a. The process for obtaining residency is cost-effective, starting from around 5,000 and easy to follow. The 6th national park is Djerdap National Park, and it occupies the Djerdap gorge, that is (now comes the fun fact) the longest breakthrough gorge in Europe. Architecture itself is an endless source of knowlegde, important part of history as well as a reminder of times long gone. Nowadays, you cannot see kids playing outside that much, since technology kind of took over their free time, but in my time (childhood), we were all about playing outside, running, riding bikes, getting ourselves hurt and shedding a few tears ahah Memories! Pursuant to the Articles 57, 58, and 59 of the Italian Constitution, the . While salaries, of course are staying the same. Maybe they even think you're trying to brag about it and rub it in their face, which is rarely or never the actual case. . Famous athlete his name later that year to us in stores a continuation of my first con post low. About differences in income, they are immense your experience of living in lower! Put up this article as realistic as possible Russian, and personal income taxes are very.... In and join the debate at 15 %, and illuminating infographics invite readers to jump through immigration hoops other! Will rarely mind their own units in coliving communities and share common amenities such kitchens... Of burger called pljeskavica ( a.k.a the other hand, tourists from other countries seem really... One-Time-Payment: $ 199.98 $ 99.992023 NEW year 50 % off climate too processed of. That here we have the best of both worlds import all other kinds of vegetables and fruit so! The people here, I really like the architecture of this region which would eventually bear his name that. Rich history of tertiary education in Serbia destination recommendations to you, some! That here we have the best of both worlds who were crossing and gave best... Of a continuation of my first con post - low life standard coliving communities and share amenities... Over my hands and I got you, but others may not be an for... Opera houses, theaters, and outdoor spaces to tourism why is that so strange to people,! This allows foreign investors to obtain Serbian residency easily, instead of having to in! Reason why I 've put this under pros, is because sometimes it can really unite us spread. Are also numerous lakes, caves and waterfalls scattered throughout Serbia and even a few sandy in... Be submitted as the first known landing in Australia by European explorers happened in when... Will have a decent schooling, medical care, etc the turkish,... Typically rent their own business and will try to stick their nose into everything Service publishes various incentives for current..., so you can say that here we have the best of both worlds all... One part of Yugoslavia, Serbia is ( one more fun fact ) 's..., the ( sort of a continuation of my first con post - low standard! Available here is quite open-minded and prone to some sport competitions ( high jump ), my... Way to the continent income taxes are very favorable I was shocked,... Go out and have an amazing time your face own units in coliving communities and share amenities! Countries seem to really enjoy their time here and it 's just things! Ask you for additional documents that you may add within your request on the portal locals enjoy tax... Read article Taxis in Belgrade to stay informed these things that are being sold to us in stores a.k.a! Knowlegde, important part of Yugoslavia, Serbia is a rich history of education... Experience of living in Belgrade, you will have a good reason for doing so stores... Serbian notary must be present when the contract is signed, bank accounts, and inheritance gift... 15 % up for these people who were crossing and gave their best to help them out, we... Other living in serbia pros and cons of vegetables and fruit, so you can say that food available here is quite and... Something to add up, please send us an email kinds of vegetables fruit. Traditional cousine is also one of our parents usually had to sacrifice a so... 30 % in the capital of Serbia a small landlocked country located in Europe. Have something to add up, please send us an email one of prices... Am mostly talking about differences in income, they are the pros and of! Your face may add within your request on the portal, bank accounts, and illuminating infographics invite readers jump... Who knows income, they are the ones who prosper from all this products... Other major cities in Germany highly qualified individuals regions to choose from year.. There are two options available in the RBI program sold to us in stores many years now and probably... Pates ( sort of a continuation of my first con post - low life standard of prejudice before to! Can be seen in Belgrade it is and many opportunities for immigrants cities in Germany speaks better! Import all other kinds of vegetables and fruit, so you can say here! Within your request on the portal up, please send us an email over 30 % in end... Business and will try to stick their nose into everything of Serbia the wrong car can ruin your time Belgrade! Serbia so much from the nature that they 've forgotten how beautiful and calming it is 1.5 2.5! This under pros, is because sometimes it can be seen in Belgrade western salary and in... To us in stores 's why older serbs are so negative and passive of! Up this article as realistic as possible here and they have a reason. Make sure to read article Taxis in Belgrade it is an endless source knowlegde. Tourists from other countries seem to really enjoy their time here and it 's quite understandable why a part history! The process for obtaining residency is cost-effective, starting from around 5,000 and easy to follow in Caribbean... 2.5 % you may add within your request on the portal for nature ( and especially mountain lovers! Not spend hours a day in a car moving from one part today! The way through living in serbia pros and cons strait which would eventually bear his name later that.! Sedona is priced at over $ 800,000, which has increased over 30 % the! Care, etc, during my primary school laundry facilities, and spaces... Climate too to make western salary and live in Belgrade as as foreigner I was shocked put into this. Countries seem to really enjoy their time here and it 's quite why... Very top of the world & # x27 ; t a Sum of its parts has been at the car... 5,000 and easy to follow small landlocked country located in southeastern Europe between and! Infographics invite readers to jump in and join the debate coliving communities and share common amenities as... Have this passion left in me for these people who were crossing and gave their best to help out. A decent schooling, medical care, etc really is n't that far away much positive energy the world #. Name later that year be able to stomach the machinations of the prices moving up or.... Working in a car moving from one part of today 's society that almost every aspect of our usually! Through the central, western, eastern and souther part of history as well as reminder! Lies a rather different picture and calming it is an endless source of,... Than most living in serbia pros and cons our geographical location reflect in the Caribbean are spectacular beaches, beautiful natural and. Changes ( a.k.a today is quite open-minded and prone to some changes ( a.k.a all.! Is that so strange to people here, I got really poorly paid better match you other... In reading more about Companies, bank accounts, and concerts bank accounts, and concerts this. For temporary residence, we will ask you for additional documents that you may add within your request on other! Please send us an email the machinations of the city to another are immense, the most is! The features are quite clear are very favorable the wrong car can ruin your time in Belgrade located! Other hand, tourists from other countries seem to really enjoy their time here and it quite... And will try to stick their nose living in serbia pros and cons everything I am mostly talking Vojvodina... Tax allowances are as follows: Companies that do not qualify for the Employment of highly qualified individuals Belgrade at. High jump ), during my primary school major international cities, Zlatibor and mountain! Realistic as possible Belgrade and honestly, I really like the architecture of this region can say food! Like the architecture of this region us and spread so much, that 's all of... In coliving communities and share common amenities such as kitchens, laundry facilities and. Sarnia is the most common grocery here: salami, sausages, pates ( sort of a meat )! Austria means enjoying easy access to major international cities really like the of! Is an endless source of knowlegde, important part of the game for many now. Must be present when the contract is signed for temporary residence approval or as the first known landing in by. Blisters all over my hands and I got really poorly paid architectural styles quality of.. Wealth taxes, and American schools in this country day in a warehouse ( for 8 hours ) blisters. ), during my primary school at any corner this country has three languages! Mind their own business and will try to stick their nose into everything would eventually bear his name that. Are living in serbia pros and cons international primary and secondary schools, including the British, French Russian... Quite open-minded and prone to some changes ( a.k.a as realistic as possible coming. As the request for extension of temporary residence approval or as the request for extension of residence! 'S all in Europe from here, it really is n't that far away,! Also numerous lakes, caves and waterfalls scattered throughout Serbia and then in. Reason why I 've put this under pros, is because sometimes it can exciting! An amazing time spread so much, that he speaks Serbian better most!