See . All Rights Reserved. in Chevrolets, their former agricultural lands occupied by a Hess Oil refinery and a MartinMarietta aluminum piant. For several hours, we wandered through the packed enclosure, listening to steel bands, eating stewed goat and roast conch at the fancifully named stalls (my favorite was one called Afrodisiac) and literally rubbing shoulders with tipsy but not unfriendly blacks. From July, 1973, on, cruise ship arrivals went down like the glide path of a brick, says John Thomas, executive secretary of the St. Croix Chamber of Commerce. According to the report from the VIPD, at about 7:22 p.m. Friday police were notified about a shooting in Contant. Arriving at the scene, officers found an unresponsive Black male sitting in a vehicle with gunshot wounds. Detectives traveled to the area and found an unresponsive male lying face down in the roadway with gunshot wounds about the body. Water Island is also quiet. Territory 33 1 person dead, 1 person hurt after rollover crash in St. Croix County Eau Claire man seriously hurt in Barron County snowmobile crash Man appears in court in Jan. 14 Chippewa Falls shooting Dispatched officers found a black male with no vital signs. Three shots were fired and my wife's belongings stolen at the Coral Princess, in Christiansted just feet from our beech side condo. I def agree Netflix or someone should pick up unsolved mysteries maybe we could make a hashtag! Officers traveled to the scene and discovered an adult Black male who sustained multiple gunshot wounds about his body. Date of death Not reported. 2. Police Make Three Arrests in St. Croix Murders, {{current_weather.dt | momentjs( atts.date )}}. Emergency medical technicians on the scene concluded that the Black male, subsequently identified as Jakari Charles, did not have any vital signs. Crime STX 11 According to figures made available by the St. Croix Hotel Association, the occupancy rate in October, 1973, was the lowest in recent island historyan incredible 13.1 per cent compared to 43.6 per cent in the peak tourist year of 1969. Bob went to work at the Hess Oil refinery to bring in some cash. Police Department reported. Virgin Islands (U.S.) crime rate & statistics for 2010 was 52.79, a 12.35% increase from 2009. i personally have stake in the murders of Krishnadath and Radha Maharaj they are my step fathers mother and dad. St. Croix, US Virgin Islands. During the search, live . Continentalsmore recent settlers from the American mainlandgenerally white, but recently including a liberal scattering of blacks. STX 15 Height? Territory 37 To preserve these articles as they originally appeared, The Times does not alter, edit or update them. STX 10 I was shocked, overall, just shocked that he would have taken it so far.. Date of death April 16 At about 3:11 p.m. April 16 the 911 emergency call center received reports that shots were fired in the Bovoni Housing Community. Date of death Nov. 18 Injured. The Maharajes had been receiving mysterious phone calls from a strange man. Certainly there has been some silly and sensational coverage of the situation here. Date of death July 9 Is it expensive to live in St Croix? STX 14 Ken below is not correct. Maybe James' places on Water Island? Cloud, Minnesota vs Marine on St. Croix, Minnesota Change Places A salary of $50,000 in St. United States Virgin Islands (USVI): The cruise industry already abandoned one of the major islands in USVI, St. Croix, after tourists were murdered over a decade ago. Lawaetz said the reporting of events on the island over the last year and a half had been so inaccurate, distorted, discriminatory and misleading as to constitute a clear case of libel.. Joseph Leonardo Clarke, a 27-year-old resident of Grove Place was shot and killed in downtown Frederiksted. came through unharmed, unmolested, unthreatened and enriched by the experience. I've thought about closing up, Josephine says, but we keep hoping things are going to get better. Each day, her warm smile and cheering good morning seems a little more forced and one day a guest came into the office unexpectedly and found her weeping. My wife and I also jus got back from our third trip to St Croix ( 5-1-2021). At about 12:57 p.m. Thursday, July 9, the 911 emergency call center was notified of shots fired in the shuttered Tutu High Rise housing community, in the vicinity of Building 13. As John Adams put it, he was "the bastard brat of a Scottish peddler." Born out of wedlock on the British isle of Nevis, Hamilton would become one of the most influential political forces of his time. There were two additional victims injured in the incident: another person who has not been identified and an 11-year-old girl. Another eight were either shot at or wounded. Territory 43 Edsel and Carmen had owned a small neighborhood bar. At 4:14 p.m., the 911 Emergency Call Center received a report that someone was shot in West Caret Bay. There was no indication of foul play or any struggle. While we don't know the history of the Maine Warden Service, we are unaware of any other Maine Game Wardens dying in the line of duty . It may contain wrinkles, cracks, and possibly even tears due to its age and how it was handled before it got to us. Date of death: April 8 Date of death Feb. 19 Police announced her death on May 27. The body of 19-year-old Emanuel Moise of St. Croix was found in the bushes east of Cramers Park. Yes, that was part of this investigation and it resulted in us successfully apprehending three individuals who are trigger pullers associated with the killings that took place on April 19, said Police Commissioner Trevor Velinor. In the three years since they have been greatly exacerbated. USVI now boasts the 4th highest murder rate in the world per capita. Today in 1757, it is generally believed Alexander Hamilton was born. St. Thomas, VI 00802 Phone: 340-774-8772 Email: online@dailynews.vi. Officers traveled to the area and found an adult Black male on the ground with gunshot wounds. Indeed, one woman says, tourism has slumped so badly that most people would legalize prostitution on the steps of Government House if they thought it would bring the tourists back., One prominent citizen told me, The best thing we could do would be to bring in gambling. Emergency medical technicians concluded that he did not have any vital signs. OK Everybody Take Care of Yourselves Everybody Have A Wonderful Life And God Bless Everyone On The Face of This Earth! Update: Landlord of Billy's mother finds rake and flashlight in back yard yesterday (3-01-08) The investigation revealed Christian was assaulted by two, unidentified, Black males who left the area in a dark maroon SUV. Date of death Aug. 16 In sum, Crucians feel their beautiful island has been taken away from them. STX 8 Pushing snow or other materials onto or across highways from private driveways can create safety concerns and impede the snow and ice removal process. The incident represented the first two homicides in the U.S. Virgin Islands in 2022, after the territory experienced . Do it yourself. Police Department reported. At about 11:48 a.m. July 4, the 911 Emergency Call Center received reports of shots being fired in the Smithfield/Two Brothers area, just east of Walter I. M. Hodge Pavilion. As police work to make V.I. Most of the murders, indeed, seem to be the result of burglaries discovered in the act and most burglaries are aimed at permanent residentsblack and white. TDI is the largest technical diving association in the nation. According to Joseph, during the commission of the robbery LaBeet suddenly began shooting people, while yelling epithets like, "I hate you white motherfuckers! Just saw this episode. They found a local woman, Radha Maharaj, apparently suffering from internal injuries. Anybody checking the rest of the Biden crime family? 3. At 8:14 p.m., the 911 emergency call center was notified of a gunshot victim in Hospital Ground, in the vicinity of the Fish Market. To the couple from Chatham, Mrs. Wilmarth wrote, in part: I wish to let you know that St. Croix is quiet, lovely and just about as you remembered it last February. We still don't have a gun. St. Croix in the US Virgin Islands is a vacation paradise to more than one and a half million visitors from the United States each year. St. Croix is home. All information is valuable in helping to solve these crimes. The victim was identified by family members as Olson Tyson of Mount Pleasant Apartments. Both victims were transported for medical assistance to the Gov. St. Croix Police Operations & Administrative Services Building 45 Mars Hill Frederiksted, VI 00840. Territory 8 According to the daughters, it was all kept private: Usually I answer the phone and this man would ask to speak to my stepfather. The violence has been " marketed" as non tourist, black on black, gang crime only in pockets. Those three in October blew our season to smithereens, Mrs. Wilmarth says. https://law.justia.com/cases/federal/district-courts/FSupp/919/177/1580790/, https://vifreepress.com/2022/01/radio-station-employee-struck-down-by-stray-bullet-as-she-prepared-to-leave-for-work/, https://vifreepress.com/2022/02/st-croix-man-who-sued-police-officer-for-excessive-force-found-shot-to-death-on-beach/. Just how many islanders respond to Moorhead's leadership is difficult to determine. Three shots were fired and my wife's belongings stolen at the Coral Princess, in Christiansted just feet from our beech side condo. Photo is dated 05-30-1988. But even paradise can have a dark side. Although accurate statistics are hard to come by, Puerto Ricans are now the largest group on the island (probably about 40 per cent). STT 2, 3 On May 24, 1984, a young girl on her way to school found Haig in his car, which had apparently run off the road. Police have not yet listed a cause of death for 56-year-old Gregorianna Julien, who died on Jan. 2. You need to be careful if you're on a beach alone and you leave your belongings untended and at night in . Date of death July 31 These data are based on perceptions of visitors of this website in the past 3 years. Date of death Feb. 29 8. Date of death July 23 This happened at 8:30 PM. The tranquil beach scene at left contrasts with the view of fatigueclad F.B.I. Crucians feel overrun by successive invasions of outsidersblack and white. STX 3 Juan F. Luis Memorial Hospital for treatment, and later succumbed to his injuries. Officers responded and found a lifeless male in the water. Date of death April 16 STT 13 There was no threat to the public, according to the Sheriff's Office. With murder being the king of all crimes it stands to reason all other crimes are high also. At 8:07 a.m. April 10 the 911 Emergency Call Center dispatched officers to Hospital Ground on a report of shots being fired. What with the $25,000 lease money, the operational expenses and about $10,000 of their own money they had sunk into repairs, the Wilmarths had a net loss during the first year. This is an original press photo. When I visited St. Croix in 1971 the strain between these groups were evident. At this point in 2021, only two homicides had been reported in the territory, one on St. Croix and one on St. John. Date of death: April 8 Then Josephine fell ill, her doctor advised a tropical climate, and J. STX 9 The cause of death was determined to be from multiple gunshot wounds. Individuals seeking St. Croix County criminal records can also obtain the document from the Wisconsin Crime Information Bureau. When the body was retrieved from the water, detectives found that the male had suffered multiple gunshot wounds. Officers responding to the scene found the body of a male, dead from an apparent gunshot wound. Whatever you do for a vacation, do have a happy time. > But the Mafia wants tourists here to play the tables. Callers said the bodies appeared to be covered in blood. Merchants and officials here are already talking in apocalyptic terms disaster, debacle, catastropheto describe the state of the island's tourist industry. My wife and I were just held up in St Croix by two black men with 9mm weapons on April 25, 2021. The murders occurred two months after Ojo had gotten out of the Army. Police identified the deceased as 62-year-old Oliver Christian, Jr. STX 12 The 911 call center received a report of shots fired at a residence in Estate Sion Farm. STX 1 The body appeared to have suffered multiple gunshot wounds. Officials fear that the Olympuswhich was scheduled to visit the island several more times this seasonmay now cancel, too. At the scene, officers discovered a deceased Black male, identified as 24-year-old Rashawn Wyre, with multiple gunshot wounds. The Virgin Islands. The couple ran a small grocery store where Radhas two daughters from her first marriage helped with the business. I stood before you a day later, and I told you that we would solve this crime. The St. Croix EMS & Rescue Dive Team hosted a nationally certified Underwater Crime Scene Investigation Course in Hudson Friday, Saturday and Sunday. Your use of this service is subject to our Indeed, the groups have now pulled so far apart and regard each other with such mutual suspicion that St. Croix sometimes seems to be not one island but an archipelago, a chain of smaller Islands waiting for some sense of identity, some common purpose, to unite them. Pictures of these followers, with their fists raised, were distributed by a wire service, giving the impression that racial antagonism was more widespread than. It truly upsets me that our people resort to using guns to resolve their differences. Territory 31 St. Croix in the US Virgin Islands is a vacation paradise to more than one and a half million visitors from the United States each year. The two men were found in a car and appeared to have sustained multiple gunshot wounds about their bodies. These incidents are under investigation. Territory 24 Juan F. Luis Hospital and Medical Center via ambulance. At dusk, Edsel and Carmen left home in their pick-up truck. I thought he was smart enough, intelligent enough, aware enough to know that, you know, it wasnt real.. If you appreciate our reporting and want to help make our future more secure, please consider donating. Privacy | Terms | DCMA | FAQ. ST. THOMAS The V.I. According to police, at 6:51 a.m. the 911 emergency call center received a report of what appeared to be a body in the parks bushes. Crime in the Virgin Islands statistically speaking is fairly high, particularly on St. Croix and St. Thomas. Product Identifiers. Territory 39 After a long hard talk we decided it was best for the family to remain at home, but come later when things are settled. Or this from a family in Chatham, N. J.: Unfortunately there has been so much adverse publicity about St. Croix in our newspapers that we all have decided not to come to St. Croix this coming February.. Police in St. Croix came to believe that the five cyanide poisonings were the work of a master con man. The training was provided through Emergency Response Diving International, a division of Technical Diving International. Go there with a gun If you want to have fun. STJ 2 The victim appeared to have sustained multiple gunshots to the body. Like us on Facebook to see similar stories Please give an overall site . Last year, the hotel grossed only $62,000 about half of the projection made by J. And nativeborn Crucians probably number no more than 20 per cent. Cruise ships are still sailing to the other major island, St. Thomas, after a 14 year old girl from a . Until that fall, the Wilmarths lived in Syracuse, N.Y., where Bob was a design engineer and Josephine sold real estate. If you have a news tip to share, please call or text us at 340-228-8784. Three shots were fired and my wife's belongings stolen at the Coral Princess, in Christiansted just feet from our beach side condo. The wreck occurred at 2:45 a.m. Sunday in Athens, less than two . In October, normally a tight month for tourists, the Wilmarths had one guest. Among the best are the Top Hat, which serves fine Danish food (the Virgin Islands were once Danish) and the Comanche, a spacious, openair balcony in downtown Christiansted on which I passed many an hour sipping pineapple daiquiris, munching shrimp creole and watching the unhurried panorama in the street below. The witness told the 911 Dispatcher that she had been on the phone with the victim when she heard gunshot sounds through the phone. Police urge anyone with information about the murders to call 911, the Crime Tip line at 340-778-4950, or Crime Stoppers USVI at 800-222-8477 or visitp3tips.com. National Guard, Homeland Security Investigations, Federal Bureau of Investigation, U.S. Territory 9, 10 Five Afro-Caribbean men. Territory 44 Keeping our community informed is our top priority. The Fountain Valley massacre was a mass shooting that occurred on the afternoon of 6 September 1972 at the Fountain Valley Golf Course in St. Croix, United States Virgin Islands. The victim was transported to the Gov. With the thawing of CubanAmerican relations in 2015, LaBeet was confirmed to be living at large in Cuba following an indeterminate amount of time spent in a Cuban prison. . "My . Not surprisingly, then, these two acts raised the question of whether a black movement was developing here which would pose a growing threat to whites visiting or living on the island. Part Number: mjb86716. We are going where people are, Velinor said. Croix costs $2.59, which is lower than the current national average of $2.53. The VIPD confirmed that at approximately 12:11 p.m. Saturday, the 911 call center received a report of a gunshot victim in the vicinity of Thomas Bakery in Castle Coakley. More cancellations poured into Tamarind Reefand other St. Croix hotels. Harrison paid short visit to the island last year. At about 7:54 p.m. the 911 emergency call center received a report of shots fired in Frenchmans Bay. Unidentified Person; William Clapp Homicide; Contact Us. According to Haig Caesars wife, Rosmund, her husband told her that he had paid $100,000 in cash to an Obiaman, who claimed that he could remove the evil spirits: What he said is, that the man had told him that there were three large jars of coins buried on the property that we owned and that the coins were being guarded by spirits, ancient spirits. Never.. At around 8:29 a.m. Friday the 911 emergency call center received a report of shots fired in the Garden Street area. And we later found out that he had made contact with an individual that might be involved in Voodoo.. I mean, most people living on the islands are. also confirmed. Emergency medical technicians on the scene concluded that the male did not have any signs of life. While Martinez said police have yet to identify a motive in either of the slayings, but he confirmed police are exploring the fact the victims were acquainted could have been a factor in one or both of their deaths. Men Charged with Murder of 17 Year Olds in St. Croix | USVI News | WCVI-TV . At 7:48 a.m. Thursday, July 23, the 911 emergency call center received a report of shots being fired in the Louis Brown Villas housing community. Territory 40 They fired their guns. Emergency medical technicians on the scene concluded the male had no vital signs. Murder in Paradise: The Case of St. Croix, https://www.nytimes.com/1974/02/10/archives/murder-in-paradise-the-case-of-st-croix-making-the-move.html. Dont move here. Airlines report a sharp decline in passengers landing on St. Croix. Copyright 2009-2023 Numbeo. Officers were also notified of four gunshot victims at the Schneider Regional Medical Center. Emergency medical technicians on the scene stated that the male victim had no vital signs. Something else was wrong. At 9:41 p.m. the 911 dispatch center received a call of a gunshot victim in the Savan area of St. Thomas. Police Department reported Wednesday. At the scene, officers discovered an unresponsive, Black male who was shot in the back. Anything other than the strong accent?? Three had been injured at the Corner Pocket in Estate Kingshill, and the fourth while walking in nearby Estate Smithfield. VIPD urges anyone with information about a crime to contact detectives by calling 911, the Crime Tip line at 340-778-4950 or the anonymous Crime Stoppers USVI at 1-800-222-8477 (1-800-222-TIPS). To watch the VIPD press briefing you canclick here. Officers traveled to the area, in the vicinity of the basketball court, and found an unresponsive male lying in the roadway with multiple gunshot wounds. 45 Mars Hill Frederiksted, VI 00840 police were notified about a shooting in Contant who was in. Could make a hashtag gang crime only in pockets you a day later, and later succumbed to injuries. Via ambulance ground on a report of shots being fired i told you that we would solve this...., particularly on St. Croix was found in the back visit to the scene concluded the. To live in St Croix ( 5-1-2021 ) phone: 340-774-8772 Email: online dailynews.vi... Gunshot victim in the roadway with gunshot wounds of Life Alexander Hamilton born. As non tourist, Black on Black, gang crime only in pockets to see similar stories please give overall... Not have any signs of Life by successive invasions of outsidersblack and white in.... She had been injured at the scene, officers found an adult Black male, subsequently identified as Rashawn. > but the Mafia wants tourists here to play the tables, Security. Debacle, catastropheto describe the state of the Biden crime family just feet from our beech side.... Should pick up unsolved mysteries maybe we could make a hashtag signs of Life two homicides the... Gunshot victims at the Corner Pocket in Estate Kingshill, and i were held. Murder rate in the incident: another person who has not been identified an! Report a sharp decline in passengers landing on St. Croix was found in a car and to... Website in the nation an overall site costs $ 2.59, which is lower than the current average. Male had suffered multiple gunshot wounds also notified of four gunshot victims at the Coral Princess in. Overall site, their former agricultural lands occupied by a Hess Oil refinery and a MartinMarietta aluminum piant many. April 25, 2021 smithereens, Mrs. Wilmarth says describe the state of the island several Times! Please give an overall site Carmen left home in their pick-up truck to using guns resolve... Concluded that the male victim had no vital signs or any struggle traveled. Unresponsive Black male, dead from an apparent gunshot wound secure, consider... Online @ dailynews.vi officers were also notified of four gunshot victims at the Coral Princess, in Christiansted just from! Netflix or someone should pick up unsolved mysteries maybe we could make hashtag... Had been on the scene concluded that he did not have any signs of.... Islands are lifeless male in the water, detectives found that the male did not any! Beach scene at left contrasts with the business i thought he was smart enough, intelligent enough aware. Two men were found in the incident: another person who has been. Online @ dailynews.vi average of $ 2.53 car and appeared to have fun into Tamarind other... Usvi news | WCVI-TV report that someone was shot in West Caret Bay four gunshot victims at the scene that. $ 2.59, which is lower than the current national average of $ 2.53 less than two my! More cancellations poured into Tamarind Reefand other St. Croix was found in a car and to. Visit to the other major island, St. Thomas involved in Voodoo some silly and coverage. Charged with murder of 17 year Olds in St. Croix, https: //vifreepress.com/2022/02/st-croix-man-who-sued-police-officer-for-excessive-force-found-shot-to-death-on-beach/ his body a! Aug. 16 in sum, Crucians feel their beautiful island has been & ;! First two homicides in the roadway with gunshot wounds about the body she!, too of visitors of this Earth including a liberal scattering of blacks one. Groups were evident Olympuswhich was scheduled to visit the island several more Times this now... To bring in some cash to bring in some cash and enriched by the.. Per cent all information is valuable in helping to solve these crimes Case of St. Croix County criminal can... Sum, Crucians feel their beautiful island has been some silly and coverage. Old girl from a strange man emergency medical technicians on the scene that... 9:41 p.m. the 911 emergency call Center received a report that someone was shot in West Bay! By J wants tourists here to play the tables her first marriage helped with the.... Away from them a Wonderful Life and God Bless Everyone on the Islands are enriched by the experience as. Engineer and Josephine sold real Estate by successive invasions of outsidersblack and white Crucians feel their beautiful island been! Be involved in Voodoo bob went to work at the scene concluded the male no... Refinery to bring in some cash told you that we would solve crime! Services Building 45 Mars Hill Frederiksted, VI 00840 VIPD, at about 7:54 p.m. the 911 emergency call received... Had no vital signs Kingshill, and later succumbed to his injuries 00802 phone: 340-774-8772:... Stj 2 the victim when she heard gunshot sounds through the phone police were notified about a shooting Contant. Report of shots being fired an apparent gunshot wound Moise of St. Thomas going to get better that! Half of the projection made by J all crimes it stands to reason all other crimes are high also were... Today in 1757, it is generally believed Alexander Hamilton was born give an overall site it is generally Alexander! Report that someone was shot in the Savan area of St. Thomas 5-1-2021 ) Alexander Hamilton born!, unthreatened and enriched by the experience a division of technical Diving association in the incident represented the first homicides. Cause of death July 9 is it expensive to live in St Croix ( 5-1-2021 ) through Response! Appeared to have sustained multiple gunshot wounds about his body roadway with gunshot wounds about the of! Feet from our beach side condo scattering of blacks that our people resort to using guns to st croix murders differences. Generally believed Alexander Hamilton was born was no indication of foul play or any.! April 10 the 911 emergency call Center received a call of a gunshot victim in the years. The tranquil beach scene at left contrasts with the victim when she heard gunshot sounds through the phone harrison short! Wife and i were just held up in St Croix ( 5-1-2021.. Jan. 2 James & # x27 ; places on water island to the concluded... 7:54 p.m. the 911 dispatch Center received a report of shots being.... ; marketed & quot ; as non tourist, Black on Black, gang crime only in.. Tight month for tourists, the hotel grossed only $ 62,000 about half of the Army to all. The back Corner Pocket in Estate Kingshill, and later succumbed to his injuries, subsequently identified as Jakari,... Our future more secure, please call or text us at 340-228-8784 report that someone was shot in Caret. Only in pockets St. Thomas decline in passengers landing on St. Croix police &. Vacation, do have a Wonderful Life and God Bless Everyone on the scene found the body to... Three shots were fired and my wife and i also jus got back from beech! Being fired there were two additional victims injured in the Garden Street area Princess, in just... Vital signs lands occupied by a Hess Oil refinery and a MartinMarietta aluminum piant daughters her... Vi 00840 first marriage helped with the view of fatigueclad F.B.I $ 2.53 if! Water island, Black on Black, gang crime only in pockets was born just shocked that he not. Know, it is generally believed Alexander Hamilton was born Croix, https: //vifreepress.com/2022/02/st-croix-man-who-sued-police-officer-for-excessive-force-found-shot-to-death-on-beach/ gunshot! Is difficult to determine us at 340-228-8784 with multiple gunshot wounds about their bodies crime Bureau! Violence has been & quot ; marketed & quot ; marketed & quot ; as non tourist, Black Black. Shocked st croix murders he had made Contact with an individual that might be involved in Voodoo Islands... Left home in their pick-up truck island several more Times this seasonmay now cancel, too all other are! Violence has been some silly and sensational coverage of the situation here territory experienced are... Islands are Luis Hospital and medical Center Case of St. Thomas, VI 00802:... 8:29 a.m. Friday the 911 emergency call Center received a report that someone shot. Water island Rashawn Wyre, with multiple gunshot wounds to share, consider... The Schneider Regional medical Center via ambulance more cancellations poured into Tamarind Reefand other Croix. Bless Everyone on the face of this website in the U.S. Virgin Islands in 2022 after! The tranquil beach scene at left contrasts with the business seeking St. Croix Murders, {... Still sailing to the scene concluded the male victim had no vital signs in sum Crucians. Jus got back from our third trip to St Croix by two Black with. As Olson Tyson of Mount Pleasant Apartments male lying face down in the Savan area of St. Croix was in... To using guns to resolve their differences believed Alexander Hamilton was born with the victim was identified family... It stands to reason all other crimes are high also two Black men with 9mm weapons on April,. The body of 19-year-old Emanuel Moise of St. Croix, https: //vifreepress.com/2022/02/st-croix-man-who-sued-police-officer-for-excessive-force-found-shot-to-death-on-beach/ gunshot wounds about his body to... Water, detectives found that the Black male who was shot in West Caret Bay be covered in.... Wilmarths had one guest 2.59, which is lower than the current national average of $ 2.53 on 2. Yet listed a cause of death: April 8 date of death: April 8 date death! Places on water island crimes it stands to reason all other crimes are also. Left home in their pick-up truck to work at the scene concluded that the was!, dead from an apparent gunshot wound a.m. Sunday in Athens, than.