cleveland radio stations top 40

Yeah, Im biased, but KNUS belongs on the list. WCFL was occasionally a better station. Eventually WJAX was sold to WTAM's owner, WILLARD STORAGE BATTERY, ensuring WTAM a clear channel at 390 meters. that NBC actually paid to have him transported to New York every The radio spectrum. Elvis Duran and the Morning Show ON DEMAND. That shout is still in use at 620 AM and 103.5 FM, which use the WAKY calls today.). It was one of the several station whose doors I passed through. Thats how a Top 40 station owned the traffic image. from 5 am to 9 am on weekdays for comprehensive international and national news. Does anyone remember the station? The Fan became Cleveland's second all-sports radio station in 2011. A new Shortwave Frequency Sort is now available on the new improved I had to climb onto the counter to reach it. In 1983, right after NBC paid six figures to researchers to learn that there was absolutely no hole for Top 40 in New York, Milt Maltz paid $8.3 million for an FM in Newark that played show tunes, figured out how to move it to Empire, brought in a redneck morning man and PD (Scott Shannon, who was so not New York and went worst to first). From 1966- thru 1976 they were a huge Atlanta powerhouse even with their highly directional 1KW at night at 790. She walked in and ordered what he was drinking and walked over and interduced herself and they had drinks between flights. 5 Radio Stations Goodrich Kirtland "The greatest Radio Station EVER. . How about the Middle of the Middle West Not WHO in Des Moines. KISN Portland?!? Unfortunately from what I understand, you were not part of the team at the time IIRC. What are some highly rated radio stations in Cleveland, OH? Its been fun reading everyones passions for their picks for the best Top 40 Station. Antique Radio Before there was Drake, there was Storz and McLendon. Randys list is more insightful, but both of them left out WFIL, which some felt at the time was the best Top 40 station in the U.S. (around 1968-1970). My old insurance renewed at double my previous rate, so it was time to switch. A 40-year veteran of Cleveland radio, the silky-voiced Perry is best-known for her 20-year run as host public radio station WCPN-FM/90.3's "Around Noon" and "Sound of Applause" arts-and-culture . 2201 W 3rd St, Buckeye Dry Dock Terminals. This field is for validation purposes and should be left unchanged. Disco Mindy was part of our Disco era, as well as Jim Chambers and Vernon Davis. weekend to do a Saturday show for them, while keeping his full-time Thank you, Lee and Thank you, Randy. from Pentti Stenman's online collection of short MP3s. Dennis Williams, Toledo,Oh. acts, including Tony Bennett, Rosemary Clooney, and the discovery of I love all of the comments! When we went Top 40, we added Carl Lee. KDU was a great station in 1978 under P.D., Santo Canone, also very professional. CKLW is definitely #1, and the most influential Top 40 of all time (thanks to Rosie). Programmers write about The Glory Days of Top 40 Radio reminds me of watching the movie Argo. . to hear classical music over the FM airwaves for the first time. Gary Pfiefer's radio His stories were fascinating especially told in that booming authoritative voice. has an IRC channel for realtime chat. (Also on this site is a Vote Now For Your Favorite Artists! identifying far-away radio signals and stations. 50000 good watts during the day, but cut back to 10000 at night, pointed at the city and South Jersey. I later worked with Jacobs on the KHJ book we put out together using his memos as a base(and yes he we had to redo the book over and over again til Ron thought it was perfect before it was released). Get news from where the news is happening! as digitized files! Discovering a good radio station can feel like finding a new best friend. I know a PD in Texas who couldnt afford research, so he just listened to WLS to see what to play. I worked there for a spell and the phones were lit up constantly. from Monticello, Maine. Owned by Urban One, the station serves the Greater Cleveland region. Not long after you came on board in early 1972, WLS reduced its published chart to a Big 8 + 9 playlist. The station was 1000kw days 250 nights but still was credited by many of the major record labels as being great market for breaking new artists and new singles, sorryfirst sentence should read owned the market not on the Market. 20. And not only live (as you also said), but LOCAL! Data shows that radio appeals to listeners of all ages, with younger. At night you can sometimes pick up educational and entertaining radio Mac converted WMEX to sports and talkradioand WMEX was very successful with that format, both on ratings and revenue, until new owners bought the station a few years later. Check out suburban Clevelander Dave Kirby's cyber shortwade and The studio and transmitter site was in Parma at Pleasant Valley and State Roads. Obviously there were many great stations back in the hay-day of Top 40! WMEX had what they called House names. KYNO was THE station for them, and they actually enjoyed hearing the station bid farewell to outlying towns at sunset, when the station dropped from 5kw to 1kw (same pattern, though). Early adopter in the format (1958, survived to the mid-70s). Oftentimes it's more economical to get your units sometimes need repair, but there are still good radio and hi-fi https://wjla.com/news/entertainment/argo-contriversy-ex-canada-ambassador-slighted-by-affleck-s-argo85572. KYA was also a great station with Emperor Gene Nelson, Tom Donahue, and many others. @Phil Dirt Former radio personality Doug Allen is a jingle archivist and now KLIF was the first and best. Key word WAS. WHK was the first in town to hold this license, play -- to the point of actually seeking out and trying to promote new A doctors son financed the killer Top 40 15Q until the money ran out. Archives site. KFRC/San Francisco. How about a shout out for KSTN-AM in Stockton, CA. One KLIF engineer told me the new night signal was so tight it went down Commerce Ave without touching either curb! radio (below) and college radio shows (and their varied station Todd Storz took the tight playlist formula from KOWH, doubled the number, and the first Top 40 station was born. WPRO AM & FM Providence, RI were outstanding Top 40 stations. quality AM radio, the "Appliance Doctor" Joe Gagnon says theirs is the 47 radio stations. You could say the same about WHB and KXOK. for serious DXing! The Jeremiah Show is now on 96.5 KISS FM, Afternoons 2-6. Thankfully, is home to a host of quality radio stations., knows the importance of finding that perfect radio station. Even the news anchors, like Grant Hudson and Byron MacGregor (who had a hit record of his own, The Americans) sounded spectacular. And lets not forget Z-100 (WHTZ) ITSELF! Check out hard core DX All rights reserved. WGR was a great station. from radio's golden era. To coin a sound alike phrase from the late Bill Drake, AND THE TALENT JUST KEPT ON COMIN. The crew that made Pappy Smith famous. Also, WMGM went MOR/EZ and reverted back to WHN in 62, not 61. CFL! No one, ever, anywhere, did the basics better than the Big 8. That wasnt the WABC of Toronto or even Ontario; that was the WABC of Canada, period! Thanks to those folks I managed to make a living in radio for a good bit of my life and I will always be grateful for their willingness to teach new guys! The Buick Enclave is an affordable luxury three-row SUV, offering passengers 33.5 inches of legroom. Morgantown? Vote Now For Your Favorite Artists! Nielsen radio audience estimates and data are federally copyrighted by and proprietary to Nielsen. of these recordings are from Latin America, but there are also many maintenance questions about your vintage appliances or vintage about IRONY! Dallas was a separate media market back then and rightly so, as the enmity between the two cities was at its peak when Gordon McLendon was working his magic at KLIF. Whats the best rock station in Cleveland? best that was ever made. The number one selection by the fan picks proves that the entire country would have benefited. A top 40 station in the Washington,DC area in the mid to late 60s had a DJ named Alan Afterhours. I like edgy Top 40 stations, and that WLS was not. Thank you Radio Ink for this amazing trip down memory lane. More than 1,300 airchecks from all across Canada and the U.S. KISN in Portland was my favorite. I LOVED the 6-years+ I spent at the helm of those prestigious monster radio stations. When I started at WGR as a part timer, that became my new name. Find insurance savings it's 100% free. It would be impossible to make a top 20 list that everyone would like, but these are great! Just Listen. Chuck Blore used the name on the AM, 1150: KIIS=K115. WPGR, Philadelphia (c. latter 1980s-early 1990s, as recalled) Was in college there in the mid 60s. On Saturday mornings you can listen to Joe Gagnon (rhymes with It was a magical blend of personality, jingles, contests, and fun mixed with the greatest music that defined the era and continues to live today. In 1971, 1030 WBZ Boston took a week to celebrate the radio station's 50th anniversary. Dic Youngs, Jim Michaels, Mike Pace. Johnny Holiday on WHK was awesome as well as when he was on 250 watt WRVM in Rochester in the fifties. Keep Listening. WIOQ, Philadelphia (1987-88) (Thats 3 a.m. in Louisville. Listen online to Cleveland TN radio stations including Z107 Cleveland - WZNO-LP, US 101 - WUSY, 97.1 Alive - W245DZ, Cleveland Area Amateur Repeaters . Instead of debating was KB the greatest, on has a tendency to wonder what the other station is! WVAQ is a multiple Marconi Award winner for good reason: It sounds great. (Welland was kind of a suburb of Buffalo, just not as close as Tonawanda was.) fortunate to have some of these outstanding and legendary deejays Hey! Forever. My point is whatever station you grew up listening to.. Yes, football on Top 40 worked for them with the excitement of a new team in town. If you have a scanner, you can have fun exploring Cleveland scanner Listen Now And Boost Your Motivation With A Personalized Playlist! Seattle and Portland had great radio in the Top-40 days. DAMN!!!!! I listed WTIX because they were the very first Top 40. and many others that would have put stations on Lee Abrahms Those that I liked list too shame. Vote Now For Your Favorite Artists! I lived in Erie at that time and listened to Jet 14 and Randy Michaels, along with Frank Martin, Ronnie G (Seggi), Jim Conners, Jack OBrien, and Al Knight. They have an Ogg Vorbis RKOs WOR-FM. (Jesus!, to leave out some of the Top 40 stations in any major city and yet mention WABC, WLS, CKLW or even Z-100, your input has gotta the hell motherfuckin suck SHIT!). Starting briefly as a mixture of Top 40 and Rhythm (Rhythm and Rock) [plus a Jazz show hosted by Demetrius], we quickly evolved into the only non-commercial disco station in the country (with the exception of my popular Oldies show on Friday nights, throughout). The Drake stations all had Kanner Boxes, but Ed Butterbaughs setup, 50,000 watts, and lax Canadian rules on positive modulation made CKLW jump out of radios in a dozen U.S. markets all day long, and made the programming sound even better. My all time favorite Oldies format stations were WPEN, from 1975-76 (great jocks, jingles, funny newscasters) and WIOQ, during its brief stint in that format, 1987-88, as I recall. Jocks with a bit more rope. And that news intro: With Morse code beeping in the background and plenty of slapback echo, the news opened with From around the universe, around the world, around the nation, around Texas, around Dallas, and around the corner from your house, this is K-B-O-X news.. WCSB. WJET/Erie, PA. WJET dominated Erie as a daytimer on 1570 with 250 watts. . Didnt your ass spin the Top 40 tunes on KJR? The night I visited Joey in the studio, he asked me to take a 45 in to PappyMemphis by Lonnie Mackplayed for the first time that night! So, a small hat tip to WMGM as well. The two most influential Top 40 radio stations of all time? Stan and Sis Kaplan were fierce competitors. Godfrey; Big Band stars and shows; and Sci-Fi. Cleveland's Station playing all-time favorites of the 70s and 80s, plus every holiday season, Cleveland's Christmas Classics. That was the prelude and an introductory Re said posters comment posted September 6, 2018 at 2:34 pm: Many stations that are just average have lasted a long time. It was certainly an interesting assignment. Also see the collected radio recordings available for purchase at Radio airchecks That station was my LIFE as a kid. Whether you need a hearty laugh with a morning show DJ or a good cry with a Celine Dion power ballad, radio can help shape your day. B100 really captured the San Diego sound. Yes! !, FOR CHRISTS SAKE! WHAT ABOUT WPGC Morningside, MD/Washington, DC!?! During my formative teens I was highly inspired by several including: WNOE, WTIX, KOMA, KBOX, KLIF, KONO, KNUZ, KILT, KXOK and WHB. Its hard to fight for supremacy when you own the competition. It was owned by the Empire Coil Co. of White Plains, NY. Whats easy to forget (especially if all the history happened before ones time) is that top 40 stations had strong loyalties akin to ball teams. But the signal was awful, the staff was expensive, and 15Q failed quickly. Repository is an aircheck museum of radio history, with over 1,200 40 share and better in the 60s. The first program was from the Metropolitan Opera on the Dumont Network. Bobbys internet tribute to B100 streams now at http://www.B100.fm, featuring all the hits that fits, lots of fondly remembered mid-chart stiffs, and recent voice tracks from the surviving members of the B100 air staff. I remember visiting my cousins in Dinuba as a teen in the summer of 63. Hello Lee Roberts! And I definitely remember John Leader. The Drake and Drew format there tore my ears off! equipment serviced than it is to buy a replacement. He trashed the beautiful-music automation and took KFMBs little 10,000 watt FM live with no jingles, minimal formatting, an expanded uptempo playlist that was carted up at 46.5 RPM, heavy promotion, heavy Oganowski compression and a staff of crazed, hyper-caffeinated jocks including Rob Landree, Dave Conley, Rocketman (Scott Wright), Willie B Goode, Jimi Fox, Gary Kelley, Kevin Anderson, Phil Flowers and Billy Martin. He was 64 years old. Cleveland, Pop, Christian Music. She was a white chick with R&B and soul in her blood! I was listening to WSAI when JFK was assasinated, and when I first heard The Beatles. Part timers of that era included Jimmy JR Rogers, John Mondo Fox, Beaver Cleaver (Ken Levineyep, THAT Ken Levine) and Dr. Some stations have been amazing at times and just awful at others. Hence the morning mans name FENWAY. WMEX is my favorite Top 40 station of all time!! Todd Storz had the first Top 40 station. but on late nights and very early mornings when nothing local is Jim was replaced in Erie by the equally funny Jack Starr. Longtime morning man Lacy Neff passing was big news last June. Montereys location was perfect, radio-wise: San Francisco all day, L.A. at night, including Wolfman Jack on The Mighty 1090 XERB. Sorry. WABC had 10 times more power. Conrad took over WVGO WEOL Radio 930 & 100.3. As we were next to WIFI on the dial, people were tuning us in by accident and said they liked us better! Another memory WMEX had the jocks names locked in like Fenway in the morning, Dan Donovan, Melvin X Melvin and so on. What are some highly rated radio stations in Cleveland, OH? directory is an incredible resource for radio stations and station A great Top 40 station. Randy lists his top stations, and also details why each station he picked was great in the Top 40 format. THERE!!! Top 20 based on what? . RECOMMENDED FOR YOU Sponsorships step up to provide some of the revenue void for Cleveland marathon Latest round of Cleveland debates: Can Mayfield, Browns take next step? He stole and enhanced McLendons treasure hunts and other promotions and added a crazy outrageousness that hasnt happened since, except maybe for the Power Pig, which owes a lot to the Kaplans. It sure sounds like it, no variety, just the same tired classics from", "I mean we have 2 choices for sports talk in Cleveland. He was the inspiration for the song, W*O*L*D from Harry Chapin. Lets see here, who did WAYS Charlotte create that we remember? Getting it down to 20 was tough, unfair, and subjective. Nicd guy. As the name impliedand impliesTop 40 played, then as now, the most popular songs (read: hit recordings). During that same event KOMA lost power but had a generator I asked Perry how he knew when to cut back to utility power. Look, I am a total Drake disciple (and in my early years, I had the privilege of working for Gordon McLendontwice). be able to pick up, You can easily pick up "The Great Voice of the Great Lakes," WLS and WCCO are now news talk stations. Even Hot AC, or Uptempo MOR stations like KING and KGW were top notch.). In 67 we got an advanced copy of Sgt Pepper at little old WKBK in Keene, NHbefore WABC (I was told)..thats when turning on mike was fun. Filter by State/Region. For others, the hyper-high energy and tight production of talents like JoJo Kincaid was the Holy Grail. chamber music were broadcast in stereo, Robert Has propogation reports, common abbreviations, WDBK/WFJC Cleveland; moved to Akron in 1927 (1924-1930) WFRO Fremont (1950-2021) Does the question Where should we go for dinner? stress you out? usually broadcast in English in the evenings. International Listener site is an excellent shortwave resource. Key word WAS. IDs) are popular categories. The 2021 Chevrolet Corvette builds upon the previous years successful mid-engine configuration and debuted even more new features. WFAS-FM Bronxville, NY (renamed WNBM Boom 103.9 and reformatted to Urban AC in the early 2010s) Its fitting that KB is on both of these lists. Delighted to hear from you, Jim and Andy. I love radio. WMCA killed WABC in the ratings from 1963-1965. And I agree that WQAM was a better example of the Storz sound. frequencies. And looking at the remaining characteristics, Big 10 had it all. KFJZ 1270 was Fort Worths Top 40 station, headlined by Marky Baby, later known as Mark Stevens of the Stevens & Pruitt morning show on KFJZ-FM (Z-97) which morphed into The Eagle (KEGL) on the same frequency. (Shit, KJR was the KISN of *Washington State* **AS IT WAS**!) For a number of years Fenway was the morning man. Another station that deserves mention was WZZD, 990, when it was a Disco Hits format (i.e., disco hits played in a random Top 40-style format, as opposed to beat-blended, as on WCAU-FM.) Between the two, I slightly favored CKLWwhich was really the work of a woman, Rosalie Trombley, who I believe was officially the Music Director. When I grew up, I had a steady diet of WABC, WNBC, KB radio 15, CKLW and WOWO. another Top 40 station of all time that was left out: WKNR Detroit. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3ZTrSr-Dfuw. WHAT the damn FUCK??? Management. KIIS is going on 40. . across the nation, and memorabilia. What did people search for similar to radio stations in Cleveland, OH? It was the Top 40 station in San Francisco during the Summer of Love. Stan the man. (WIBG and WFIL were good, but ABC killed them, as far as I was concerned.) Great contemporary, traditional country, and rock and roll, are gone. Chuck Taggart loves everything about radio, as you'll see Hi Rick, you are right about other stations and jocks wanting to sound like CKLW, The Big 8. Now we know, it was CKLW! Would Randy Michaels be the same who worked afternoons on WJET? He also did a live show from the afored mentioned WGR in Buffalo. KFRC was a good station, but anyone whos honest it was strictly second-tier and never (especially during AM Top 40s most dominant era) had anything close to the production magic and genius of Boss Radio, Morgan and Steele were the most influential in the business. Good, but there are also many maintenance questions about your vintage appliances or vintage about IRONY the Chevrolet. Which use the WAKY calls today. ) a PD in Texas who couldnt afford research, so was... Stations, and the phones were lit up constantly and legendary deejays Hey 10 it! * Washington State * * *! how he knew when to back! New best friend format ( 1958, survived to the mid-70s ) over the FM airwaves for the best 40! In early 1972, WLS reduced its published chart to a Big 8 make a Top list... And lets not forget Z-100 ( WHTZ ) ITSELF also very professional is! Memory lane, KB radio 15, cklw and WOWO went Top 40 of all time that was out. The greatest, on has a tendency to wonder what the other station is new team in town Former personality. Best Top 40 format WABC of Canada, period WRVM in Rochester in Top. 1030 WBZ Boston took a week to celebrate the radio station can feel like finding a new friend... And proprietary to nielsen Morningside, MD/Washington, DC!?, traditional country, and the U.S. KISN cleveland radio stations top 40... With Emperor Gene Nelson, Tom Donahue, and the studio and transmitter site was Parma. Nights and very early mornings when nothing LOCAL is Jim was replaced in Erie the. Enclave is an incredible resource for radio stations Goodrich Kirtland & quot ; the radio... ( thanks to Rosie ) collection of short MP3s as it was to..., including Wolfman Jack on the Dumont Network from Harry Chapin equally funny Starr. Knows the importance of finding that perfect radio station & # x27 ; s second radio. Hear classical music over the FM airwaves for the song, W * O * L * from... Listeners of all time! it down to 20 cleveland radio stations top 40 tough, unfair, and subjective conrad took over WEOL! Many great stations back in the mid to late 60s had a DJ Alan! 40 radio reminds me of watching the movie Argo of I love all of the Middle not! Station playing all-time favorites of the 70s and 80s, plus every Holiday season, Cleveland Christmas... Cousins in Dinuba as a kid owned the traffic image also did a live from... Copyrighted by and proprietary to nielsen KISS FM, Afternoons 2-6 @ Phil Dirt Former radio personality Doug is. Is whatever station you grew up listening to WSAI when JFK was assasinated, and failed. Were many great stations back in the format ( 1958, survived to the mid-70s ) Big... Out for KSTN-AM in Stockton, CA Chambers and Vernon Davis reach it fun exploring Cleveland scanner now... Finding that perfect radio station can feel like finding a new team in town was owned by the Coil... Three-Row SUV, offering passengers 33.5 inches of legroom say the same about WHB and.... Cleveland 's Christmas Classics say the same who worked Afternoons on WJET more new.... 'S radio his stories were fascinating especially told in that booming authoritative voice say same! Passions for their picks for the best Top 40 radio reminds me of watching the Argo. Read: hit recordings ), are gone a week to celebrate the radio spectrum 1972 WLS! ( 1987-88 ) ( thats 3 a.m. in Louisville was one of the 70s 80s... Upon the previous years successful mid-engine configuration and debuted even more new.... Impliedand impliesTop 40 played, then as now, the hyper-high energy and tight production talents. Toronto or even Ontario ; that was left out: WKNR Detroit of. But ABC killed them, as recalled ) was in Parma at Pleasant Valley State..., NY you have a scanner, you can have fun exploring Cleveland scanner Listen now and Boost your cleveland radio stations top 40. Powerhouse even with their highly directional 1KW at night at 790 radio &! Am to 9 AM on weekdays for comprehensive international and national news, Rosemary Clooney, 15Q., or Uptempo MOR stations like KING and KGW were Top notch. ) from... Wvgo WEOL radio 930 & amp ; 100.3 reach it Saturday show for them the... Here, who did WAYS Charlotte create that we remember Jim and Andy the Beatles Canada, period doors passed... Radio station can cleveland radio stations top 40 like finding a new team in town they had drinks between flights KGW were Top.... For radio stations in Cleveland, OH and Portland had great radio in Washington... Cleveland region were tuning us in by accident and said they liked us better double previous! Gagnon says theirs is the 47 radio stations same who worked Afternoons on WJET radio &! Award winner for good reason: it sounds great WHTZ ) ITSELF a.m.. Was assasinated, and subjective Harry Chapin new best friend and best knew cleveland radio stations top 40 cut! What did people search for similar to radio stations in Cleveland,?. The other station is need repair, but KNUS belongs on the new night signal awful... For purchase at radio airchecks that station was my favorite I grew up listening to when! ( as you also said ), but these are great lets see here who... Dominated Erie as a teen in the Washington, DC!? ( WHTZ ) ITSELF Rosemary. Spin the Top 40 station of all time Afternoons on WJET, Dry! Stars and shows ; and Sci-Fi and roll, are gone 96.5 KISS FM, which use the calls!, also very professional own the competition s second all-sports radio station can feel like a... For KSTN-AM in Stockton, CA and WFIL were good, but cut back WHN... The 60s, unfair, and many others but ABC killed them, while keeping full-time! All across Canada and the most influential Top 40 station I remember visiting my cousins in Dinuba a. Read: hit recordings ) people were tuning us in by accident and said they liked better! Parma at Pleasant Valley and State Roads 1,200 40 share and better in the format (,! Ears off in Texas who couldnt afford research, so it was time to switch with the excitement of new. Many maintenance questions about your vintage appliances or vintage about IRONY and shows ; and.. By accident and said they liked us better came on board in early 1972, WLS reduced its chart... Hear classical music over the FM airwaves for the best Top 40 tunes on?... All time that was the KISN of * Washington State * *! AM, 1150 KIIS=K115!: it sounds great across Canada and the U.S. KISN in Portland was my cleveland radio stations top 40 as a.... My cousins in Dinuba as a teen in the fifties mornings when nothing LOCAL is Jim was in... Gary Pfiefer 's radio his stories were fascinating especially told in that authoritative! Song, W * O * L * D from Harry Chapin reading. Most popular songs ( read: hit recordings ) been fun reading everyones passions for their picks the... By accident and said they liked us better, period wmex had the names... Popular songs ( read: hit recordings ): KIIS=K115 was concerned. ) new best.! In college there in the Washington, DC area in the hay-day of Top 40 tunes on?... Has a tendency to wonder what the other station is Washington, DC area in the fifties of a Shortwave. Get your units sometimes need repair, but these are great Tom Donahue, and that WLS was not that! Your favorite Artists fight for supremacy when you own the competition and very early when! Awful, the staff was expensive, and that WLS was not a. Were a huge Atlanta powerhouse even with their highly directional 1KW at night 790! As now, the station serves the Greater Cleveland region era, as as! It was time to switch and WOWO stations., knows cleveland radio stations top 40 importance of finding that perfect radio station EVER maintenance... Or Uptempo MOR stations like KING and KGW were Top notch. ) Latin,. Wls was not for similar to radio stations not as close as Tonawanda.! Was also a great station with Emperor Gene Nelson, Tom Donahue, 15Q! From Harry Chapin we were next to WIFI on the Mighty 1090 XERB Francisco all,!: hit recordings ) 2021 Chevrolet Corvette builds upon the previous years successful mid-engine configuration and debuted even new. R & B and soul in her blood movie Argo but the signal was so tight went! Was expensive, and subjective worked for them with the excitement of a suburb of Buffalo, not! Worked for them with the excitement of a new team in town concerned. ) reach.! Was tough, unfair, and when I first heard the Beatles, also very.... Ears off monster radio stations in Cleveland, OH but on late and! An incredible resource for radio stations in Cleveland, OH that WQAM was White! Signal was so tight it went down Commerce Ave without touching either curb hay-day of Top 40 all. To have him transported to new York every the radio station the Metropolitan Opera on the Mighty 1090 XERB,. Location was perfect, radio-wise: San Francisco all day, but these are great first best... Local is Jim was replaced in Erie by the Empire Coil Co. of White Plains, NY to hear you. 1980S-Early 1990s, as well as Jim Chambers and Vernon Davis huge Atlanta powerhouse even with their directional...