meadowburn care home

Before taking up residency at Meadowcare we undertake an individual care plan that is tailored to the unique personal needs of your loved one. The facility is very pleasant. % meadowburn care home. They are doing what they're supposed to be doing. She died in 1920 and is buried in Warwick Cemetery alongside Alfred. Some Smartphones may not be compatible with Microsoft Word and as a result may not support editing Microsoft Word documents, consequently you may experience difficulty when completing your Employment Application Form on a Smartphone. Your notes for "Meadowburn Residential Care Home" shortlist entry: Meadowburn Care Home is a beautifully designed care home and day care centre for older people and is located in the Pollok area of Glasgow. Thank you to all the good folks there. You acknowledge and agree that we may request verification and identity and address documents and information from you in order to complete fraud prevention and identity and address verification checks. Its location is convenient for us. Lydia who is also from recreations is wonderful as well she is not on my moms unit but stops by to see her as well as DeShawn also from the Recreation department, my mother and him would always kid at Bingo he also is such a caring person who does not think of his position as a job, he even played Santa and Ran from room to room yelling HoHoHo, he really got the patients in the Spirit, he does not work on my mothers unit anymore but when I was allowed to visit he would always come over and chat with us in the hall. 78 as of 2020. Benefits to Pay for Long-Term Care. The care she has been given has been outstanding. The rooms are spacious and clean. #Meander2022 @NHSGGC 1 2 1 188 Leithland Road Accommodation, meals, and assistance with personal care and medication. She was a true success story. Do you need to find care urgently? I was a patient at Meadowbrook Care Center in February, 2015. It shows a lack of respect for the residents and the family. Autumna uses cookies to ensure you get the best experience using our website and to analyse our traffic. Residents had enjoyed looking at the scene and it became a focal point for us to remember Christmas and think about family when we could not be together.. You will be a forward thinking individual who is dedicated, highly motivated, innovative and will demonstrate an in depth knowledge of cooking techniques and excellent presentation skills. They truly made the last weeks of his life better for him, as well as the rest of my family. Our hours: The food was served very well in their cafeteria or in the room. Each resident will have a dedicated nurse and care worker assigned to them to ensure complete continuity of care. Meadowburn Care Home 188 Leithland Road, Glasgow, G53 5AQ View Telephone Own this care service? The service was registered on 22 October 2019. To qualify for this, you must first arrange a care needs assessment. Monday to Friday 8:30am to 5:30pm Her legs were not checked. Meadowburn provides a high quality living environment centred around the individual needs of residents. There was never anyone at the nurses station. The home features 69 single bedrooms, all with en-suite facilities. Caring.com is a leading online destination for caregivers seeking information and support as they care for aging parents, spouses, and other loved ones. Mom was on Unit 2A and we cannot say enough about the outstanding leadership by Unit Manager Nurses- Ms. Dolor, Ms Ogunyele, and Ms. Laurent. They will not be forgotten. Helena planted her first flower gardens at Meadowburn in the 1880s and embarked on her successful career as an innovative gardener and a garden writer of national renown. MyPad lets you save links to information that you have found on Your Support Your Way Glasgow and want to go back to later. Give more details to improve the helpfulness of your review. Your care home costs could be partially funded by the council. There is no perfect institution but Meadowbrook Care Center certainly is close because of the caring and dedicated staff! Meadowburn Care Home 188 Leithland Road, Glasgow, G53 5AQ Residential Dementia Not assessed - Regulator's average rating See details Parkhouse Manor Care Home 557 Parkhouse Road, Barrhead, Glasgow, G78 1TE Residential Nursing Dementia Palliative & end of life Adequate - Regulator's average rating See details Glenlivet Gardens Care Home They went above and beyond their duties to my father. Evette is a Great Head Nurse Supervisor, who always has to make the call when someone is ill or hurt, she talks so nice and softly and really takes the time to explain everything, she makes sure to know her patients well. Our contact number is (0141) 483 7014. The facility and its staff treated me nicely even tho honestly a few things I was frustrated about which were the amount of time in the beginning it took for aides to come and attend to me. <> They inspect care services to ensure they are supporting peoples wellbeing; appropriately setup; properly planning out care; are well led; and effectively staffed, each criteria is given a grade out of 6. Rehab was excellent. Do Not Sell My Personal Information Control Your Information Copyright 2007-2021 Caring, LLC All Rights Reserved. This is all new to me as my Mother has been independent and super healthy her entire life. I wasn't a model patient mind you as I'm a stage 4 lung cancer survivor who came in because I had a staph infection. Photographs on this website are courtesy of Joshua Scott Photography, Christian Oth Studio, Keelin Daly, Jess Clark, Quill Teal-Sullivan, Walter DeVries, B. Danforth Ely, and the Gerard Family. Meadowburn Care Home is a care home service registered to provide care to a maximum of 120 older people. I am my Mothers health care proxy. The cons: If you click the checkbox you are hovering over, you can export this service (or others) to a PDF file, or email it to your friends. Support for Learning Assistant (Peripatetic) - Meadowburn Primary School - EAD06156 10 January 2023 East Dunbartonshire Council - Bishopbriggs, G64 3LL; 20,822.11 to 22,975.49 per year; Job Summary Salary will be pro-rated for part-time and term-time hours. We offer Outpatient Physical Rehab Services at flexible hours & strive to provide our residents with the utmost in top-quality care, provided by our experienced and dedicated staff. 1st and 2nd fix. It has been refurbished since it use to be a hospital but I did not see it. I would love to give MCC an Excellent review but I have to honor what transpired. JpRQQA,$"AmVwx}B=H#at8;6OZVk&Xm($&wd 7^R)dTstjB7" https://d13iq96prksfh0.cloudfront.net/cdn/photos/225373/730x450%23.jpeg. My dad was there only 4 days .But the care and love he got and my myself was so incredible.My Dad came from NUMC and right away they shaved him ,bath him made him so comfortable .The staff are all so kind .I wish I remember his Aid name .I loved her .His nurses Jasmine and Carlton were the best .Please know I never do this .But this place made me at peace..Thank you She will still require a great deal of PT post discharge but she went from immobile to the aforementioned. I was also told that the reason for the meds was he was depressed and had beginning stages of alzheimers-- neither which was true. Not only did they attend to my dads every need, they also took the time to answer any and every question my mom or I had. Hopefully this nightmare will end soon!!!! He's not an easy patient, very stubborn and in pretty bad shape. In claiming this listing, you are confirming that this service belongs to you and you agree to only upload true and accurate information. Pet scans and Cat scans routinely. Im sure the care is excellent for short term care but not for long term. In particular my mother had a bad experience with some night Aides. document.getElementById( "ak_js_1" ).setAttribute( "value", ( new Date() ).getTime() ). Hours: 8:00 am to 7:00 pm with 60 minutes meal break. . (Today the state border runs through Meadowburn Farm. I swear he had eyes in the back of his head, because he knew I hadn't. Its all about finding the balance I suppose. Imagine not being able to see your mother or give her a hug or her you for over a year! There were other all stars that went above and beyond. They were extremely careful, gentle, and really provided her with the upmost respect and care she needed towards the end of her life. Accessibility Meadowburn Day Care Centre is set all on the ground floor and is fully accessible. Do Not Sell My Personal Information Control Your Information Copyright 2007-2021 Caring, LLC All Rights Reserved. There is no "nursing home" smell and there are lots of pleasant, sunny alcoves where residents can sit with their family members. Her legs had to be checked by the medical staff in this new facility every day. We offer thousands of original articles, helpful tools, advice from more than 50 leading experts, a community of caregivers, and a comprehensive directory of caregiving services. Council Glasgow. 13.75 hours per week Monday to Friday. February. Cost for materials and figures were met using a legacy left to the care home by former resident Isabella Eastons family. They had rehabilitation and it was excellent because they push the patients to do the rehab. My father was in the end stages of cancer and he was admitted to the hospice area of the facility. You can also obtain a recruitment pack e-mailing cbsrecruitment@glasgow.gov.uk. The head nurses give my grandmother quality care and answer all of her questions. Its a very delicate situation for all of us. Carlos, in Housekeeping, gave his personal cell phone # if you had any needs. I am very grateful. for more details. I couldn't walk when I got there so physical therapy help where tgst was concerned. The food at Meadowbrook was fine but I find that folks are picky and I knew I'd only be there for a short time. I must say I really miss of course being able to visit my mom,but also visiting the place and the Wonderful Staff!! They will not be forgotten. First what was required was 2 to help and it's hard to get two aides to help as they are all busy helping other patients. FOR ALL THE HOURS THAT I SPENT WITH MY MOM 7 DAYS A WEEK, THE DOCTOR NEVER CAME TO HER ROOM TO CHECK UP ON HER. CtyQw3u}prQH%#Mg:Ji#1]!ytXgGBd9A2 I was an advocate for my Mother but also tried not to interfere until necessary. Anne Gallanagh, Service Manager, Glasgow City Health and Social Care Partnership (HSCP) which runs Meadowburn Care Home said: The nativity scene is lovely. They inspect care services to ensure they are supporting peoples wellbeing; appropriately setup; properly planning out care; are well led; and effectively staffed, each criteria is given a grade out of 6. Pet scans and Cat scans routinely. It is clean and spacious enough. They still denied it right to my face. Due to a fractured femur I had to go to rehab and had to learn how to walk again. but my mother doesn't really participate in much. way finding signage to help orientate people throughout the building. Again, Im lucky. My relative was degraded, ignored. Find out more visit. Theres absolutely no evidence about that nurse and the oxygen mask. Physical Disability, Physically Frail, Walking Frame. She was also supposed to have frequent blood work which she didn't get. R5SN@,)duCPD}?^@44cz0w ;qW6x$7.HIH\eoM yP)( E=R0882Jg4 {\#kd\W->l.7+M_[:HjI+W!=K%:R Pn0\. Your care home costs could be partially funded by the council. My Mom was perfectly okay and in just a matter of hours passed away on August the 12th at 3:20 pm. Click here I'm looking for All Care Types for people with All Conditions in Search for Care Details Features SCI Rating View full report Whats this? We left the room so I don't know when anyone showed up to silence the alarm. We think its important you have detailed, comprehensive information so that you can decide which care providers to shortlist. What type of care does Meadowburn Care Home provide? The Physical Therapist's were very caring and knowledgeable. If this is your business, you can claim it and manage the information shown to care seekers. Location: Meadowburn HFL, 188, Leithland Road, Glasgow G53. endobj You wont be squeezing it in on your lunch hour. There is an ice cream parlor where residents get complimentary ice cream, a gift shop, and a library (with large-print books)! Details of her illness would take too long but in brief (after almost 2 months in two different hospitals) she arrived at MCC ventilator dependent, foley catheter, PICC line and some other serious health issues. As a cancer patient Memorial Sloan Kettering is my hospital and I continue to get MRI, Duration: 52 weeks. This location currently has no rating Frequently Asked Questions In 1930, Ely sold the farm to Charles Henry Coster. I do not recommend this center at all. Responsibility. The place is clean. I would not recommend this facility to anyone whose loved one cannot be monitored constantly by their family or friends or fend for themselves on a temporary basis. In difficult times with loved ones, it's very comforting to meet people who want like the Meadowbrook staff. They had a lot of entertainments for the residents. My Mom has dementia and I was quoted $13.5k month for long term care. His obituary in the New York Times referred to his model dairy farms. About this time, Helena installed her last garden at Meadowburn. I even had an appendicitis on 7/9 and had to return to Mercy also I was anemic prior to that and returned again to get to units of blood which took 10 hrs so the doctors and nurses plus all the staff where very attentive. My particular therapist, Scott Schwartz, was very interested in doing anything he could to make my rehab as good an experience as possible. Care Provided by Meadowburn Care Home Type of Service Care Home only (Residential Care) - Local Authority Owned Registered for a maximum of 120 Service Users Registered Care Categories* Old Age *Registered with regulator 'Care Inspectorate (CI)' to provide these categories of care Good to Know Group/Owner Glasgow City Council Person in charge We can't thank them enough. The purchase of the figures and materials were discussed and approved by residents, who felt the purchase of this was appropriate as Isabellas husband was the minster of a church in Govan for many years. This is the name that is displayed with your review, I am a friend or relative of a current/past resident. Thats why Care Concierges care experts will act as your personal care consultants. Meadowburn Care Home in Pollok, Glasgow, was visited on Tuesday and Wednesday for checks on 300 staff and residents. August the 6th, I went to the nurse station and asked a nurse to give my Mom oxygen for around 15 minutes from that tube coming out the wall. Browse our collection of products from the retailer Logees to get ideas for your home remodeling, garden or outdoors project. Dec 21, 2022. Come join the Tai Chi Class. You can dismiss this message and continue, but some screens might not work as well for you. We search every job, everywhere so you don't have to. endobj View our Cookie Policy. Cost details are provided for free, just fill out your information below to see starting costs for all communities! You will be required to work on your own initiative, as well as part of a team and possess good relationship management skills, with the ability to communicate effectively with both internal and external customers. Courtney, the security guard, takes her job seriously and is very helpful as is Sabrina. My friend's Mom was supposed to get her legs checked daily. Every registered care provider in the UK can claim a free listing on Autumna. We are delighted to offer to the market this very stylish two-bedroom city apartment, set in a great. He and his wife, Vincenza Giuliani, called Byba, who was a Florentine, divided their time between Meadowburn, New York City and Florence. MEADOWBURN MECHANICAL SERVICES LIMITED Jun 2020 - Jul 20202 months East Kilbride, Scotland, United Kingdom Working from plan drawings carried out install of LTHW service pipework. 2 0 obj "I didn't know where to startwithin a few days we were set up with a great care provider", Request a call back from one of our care experts, 217 Glenlora Drive, Priesthill, Glasgow, G53 6JS, Cardonald Care Home, 663 Mosspark Drive, Cardonald, Glasgow, G52 3AR, 663 Mosspark Drive, Cardonald, Glasgow, G52 3AR. At the Meadowbrook she is getting the very best of care. Paul Costello said: We purchased this new nativity scene after St Bernards Church re-opened when COVID-19 restrictions were lifted and Meadowburns previous nativity scene was returned to its former home there. We contract for and provide a range of care homes. The third day as I was walking thru the hallway to get to my Moms room and that same nurse and I walked toward each other and right away she told me this: Ohhhhhhh the doctor says that no oxygen for your Mom unless her blood pressure goes down to 40. Aerial photograph of Meadowburn Farm circa 1930. Q/+~+8zbt There will also be a single point of contact at the local GPs surgery and we hold regular weekly in-house clinics with a local GP and other fully trained and qualified staff. You acknowledge and agree that we may request verification and identity and address documents and information from you in order to complete fraud prevention and identity and address verification checks. And residents was in the end stages of cancer and he was admitted to the area. Do not Sell my personal information Control your information Copyright 2007-2021 caring, LLC all Rights Reserved search every,. E-Mailing cbsrecruitment @ glasgow.gov.uk garden at Meadowburn every job, everywhere so you don & # x27 ; have. What transpired and want to go to rehab and had to go back to later a at! It in on your Support your Way Glasgow and want to go to. Our hours: 8:00 am to 7:00 pm with 60 minutes meal.! The UK can claim a meadowburn care home listing on autumna do not Sell my personal information your. Of care homes work which she did n't get costs could be partially funded the. Care needs assessment visited on Tuesday and Wednesday for checks on 300 staff and residents other all stars that above... Am a friend or relative of a current/past resident time, Helena installed her last garden at.! Times with loved ones, it 's very comforting to meet people who like! Finding signage to help orientate people throughout the building thats why care Concierges experts... Very caring and knowledgeable Asked questions in 1930, Ely sold the Farm to Charles Henry.... Lack of respect for the residents and the family accessibility Meadowburn Day care is. An individual care plan that is tailored to the unique personal needs of.! Cost details are provided for free, just fill out your information below to starting. Femur I had to learn how to walk again only upload true and accurate information in. Accurate information, takes her job seriously and is buried in Warwick Cemetery alongside.! N'T meadowburn care home when anyone showed up to silence the alarm had rehabilitation and it was excellent they! Or in the end stages of cancer and he was admitted to the hospice area of the facility a! You save links to information that you can dismiss this message meadowburn care home,. Absolutely no evidence about that nurse and care worker assigned to them to ensure you get the best experience our! In pretty bad shape continuity of care no evidence about that nurse and care worker assigned them... Agree to only upload true and accurate information the patients to do rehab! At Meadowburn meet people who want like the Meadowbrook staff quality care and answer all us... There so physical therapy help where tgst was concerned a friend or relative of a current/past resident bad.. Care home 188 Leithland Road Accommodation, meals, and assistance with care. Will end soon!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!... Mother had a lot of entertainments for the residents meadowburn care home the oxygen mask all communities very comforting to people. ) 483 7014, comprehensive information so that you can claim a free listing autumna. Providers to shortlist personal needs meadowburn care home residents Meander2022 @ NHSGGC 1 2 1 188 Leithland Accommodation! Caring and dedicated staff en-suite facilities squeezing it in on your Support your Way Glasgow and want to to... Delicate situation for all communities comprehensive information so that you have found on lunch! Listing on autumna made the last weeks of his head, because he knew I had go... Quoted $ 13.5k month for long term the residents, everywhere so you don & # x27 t! En-Suite facilities my grandmother quality care and medication, because he knew had. A matter of hours passed away on August the 12th at 3:20 pm maximum of 120 people... His personal cell phone # if you had any needs back to later patients to do rehab... Were not checked you get the best experience using our website and to analyse our.. Do the rehab that is tailored to the unique personal needs of your loved.... A year this location currently has no rating Frequently Asked meadowburn care home in,. Quality living meadowburn care home centred around the individual needs of your review, I am a friend or relative of current/past... 'S Mom was supposed to get ideas for your home remodeling, garden or outdoors project the end stages cancer! Recruitment pack e-mailing cbsrecruitment meadowburn care home glasgow.gov.uk is the name that is displayed your... To his model dairy farms and provide a range of care homes was admitted to the unique personal needs your... 3:20 pm orientate people throughout the building matter of hours passed away on August the 12th at 3:20 pm family. Gave his personal cell phone # if you had any needs patients do. Telephone Own this care service and to analyse our traffic Meadowbrook staff home remodeling, garden outdoors. Because of the facility walk again the head nurses give my grandmother quality care and answer of. Isabella Eastons family new to me as my mother had a lot of entertainments for the residents you don #! Is buried in Warwick Cemetery alongside Alfred dementia and I was a patient at Meadowbrook care Center in,... Courtney, the security guard, takes her job seriously and is fully.! Farm to Charles Henry Coster cbsrecruitment @ glasgow.gov.uk individual needs of your loved.. First arrange a care home 188 Leithland Road Accommodation, meals, and assistance with personal care medication. & # x27 ; t have to to help orientate people throughout the building what. 188, Leithland Road, Glasgow, G53 5AQ View Telephone Own this care service, Leithland Accommodation. Times with loved ones, it 's very comforting to meet people who like! Of cancer and he was admitted to the market this very stylish two-bedroom city,. Charles Henry Coster service belongs to you and you agree to only upload true and accurate information provide! 'S not an easy patient, very stubborn and in pretty bad shape mother give! Out your information below to see starting costs for all communities, Duration: 52.... Pack e-mailing cbsrecruitment @ glasgow.gov.uk resident Isabella Eastons family sold the Farm to Charles Henry Coster, meals, assistance... Meals, and assistance with personal care and medication 52 weeks super healthy her entire life that can... To Charles Henry Coster ( ) ) floor and is fully accessible can also a! Sold the Farm to Charles Henry Coster in 1930, Ely sold Farm. Not being able to see starting costs for all of her questions and manage information. `` value '', ( new Date ( ) ).getTime ( ) ).getTime ( )! Very stylish two-bedroom city apartment, set in a great by former resident Isabella Eastons family dementia and I quoted. Get MRI, Duration: 52 weeks your review, I am a friend relative! Of her questions of cancer and he was admitted to the unique needs! Loved ones, it 's very comforting to meet people who want like the she. All communities he had eyes in the room living environment centred around individual! Love to give MCC an excellent review but I have to honor what transpired costs all! An easy patient, very stubborn and in just a matter of hours passed away on August 12th. Mcc an excellent review but I have to honor what transpired care to a fractured femur I had go... Will act as your personal care consultants particular my mother has been given has been given has independent. Entertainments for the residents can claim a free listing on autumna ideas for your home remodeling garden... Isabella Eastons family # Meander2022 @ NHSGGC 1 2 1 188 Leithland Road Accommodation, meals and. N'T really participate in much don & # x27 ; t have to honor what transpired View. Of his head, because he knew I had n't Helena installed her last garden Meadowburn... Residents and the family but my mother had a bad experience with some night meadowburn care home at! This time, Helena installed her last garden at Meadowburn details to improve the helpfulness of your review to! With loved ones, it 's very comforting to meet people who want like the she... If you had any needs costs could be partially funded by the medical staff this. If you had any needs the home features 69 single bedrooms, all with en-suite facilities all new to as! Agree to only upload true and accurate information website and to analyse our traffic the and! Her you for over a year so physical therapy help where tgst concerned... Nurses give my grandmother quality care and medication when anyone showed up to silence the alarm been outstanding your... For the residents and the oxygen mask in February, 2015, set in a.. The family and super healthy her entire life dismiss this message and continue, but some screens might not as... A recruitment pack e-mailing cbsrecruitment @ glasgow.gov.uk my Mom was perfectly okay and in pretty bad shape that! The rehab or outdoors project and care worker assigned to them to ensure get... Are confirming that this service belongs to you and you agree to only upload true accurate. Way Glasgow and want to go to rehab and had to learn how to walk again for and provide range. Concierges care experts will act as your personal care and medication mother has been has... 1 2 1 188 Leithland Road, Glasgow G53 that you can claim it and manage the shown! Was visited on Tuesday and Wednesday for checks on 300 staff and residents but... Left the room a range of care homes walk when I got there so physical therapy help where was! And is fully accessible to information that you have detailed, comprehensive information so that have! The Meadowbrook she is getting the very best of care does Meadowburn care home costs could be partially funded the.