my girlfriend tested positive for chlamydia and i tested negative

Or you had an antibiotic for something else. Of the 3,613 women studied, 833 (23.1%) were CT -positive. The ability to lie dormant may also be a reason why chlamydia is so good at hiding in the digestive system despite being eradicated elsewhere. This happens either by having receptive anal sex, or by spread from another infected site . If you are a sexually active woman younger than 25 years, you should get a test for chlamydia every year. People with chlamydia often do not have symptoms. and our Since I'm ttc, I couldn't understand how this could happen till I started reading some of the blogs. To get tested, find an STI clinic that tests for all the STIs youre interested in getting tested for. Please specify a reason for deleting this reply from the community. OTOH the standard nucleic acid amplification tests (NAAT) are very accurate. Most people who have chlamydia have no symptoms. A chlamydia test detects the bacteria that cause chlamydia, a sexually transmitted infection (STI). My Husband got tested, his test came back NEGATIVE. Same partner since Jan 2019. Second opinion] Hi There,My girlfriend recently tested positive for chlamydia, but I tested negative multiple times. I am currently 14 weeks pregnant and last week I got a call saying I tested positive for chlamydia. My question is any feed back or positive IVF ?on there first try ??? I was wondering if anybody with genital herpes has NOT given it to their partner when or if they have unprotected sex? She should tell her partner and should not have sex with him until they have both been treated and waited Non-STD UTIs are uncommon in men and some doctors misdiagnose nongonococcal urethritis (NGU) as UTI. If the chlamydia infection is severe, women might need hospitalization and an intravenous antibiotic. How is it possible that i tested positive for chlamydia but my boyfriend tested negative? If it was an antibody test, it may have been too soon to test. This could cause an eye infection or pneumonia in your newborn. You may not notice any symptoms. It is important to know that having different test results does not definitively mean this is the case. If you are pregnant, you should get tested for chlamydia at your first prenatal visit. How long has your girlfriend been concerned about chlamydia? And since weve spoken, my partner swore that she was loyal to me and only me since weve became official. This test is not significant for people will get engaged in risky behaviors such as having unprotected sex with multiple partners, among others. So sorry to hear about your problem and I encourage you to discuss this concern with your doctor. Not unusual: It's common to find chlamydia in only one person in a couple. The best way to reduce the risk is to use condoms for oral, anal, and vaginal sex. Recommended Reading: Chlamydia Treatment Pills Side Effects. She believes that a previous partner couldve gave it to her , but the last encounter was in July. How can it come from nothing? As most people do not have symptoms it is possible the person could have had chlamydia from a previous relationship and has not passed it to their partner yet. Find advice, support and good company (and some stuff just for fun). Because chlamydia can be dormant for years without being symptomatic, infected persons may easily transmit the disease to sexual partners without knowing. Also Check: Is The Treatment For Chlamydia And Gonorrhea The Same. Recommended Reading: How Long Can Chlamydia Last Without Treatment. Chlamydia testing looks for evidence of infection with the bacteria Chlamydia trachomatis. What if you test positive and your partner does not? Testing and treatment are the best ways to prevent health problems. Connect with a U.S. board-certified doctor by text or video anytime, anywhere. You can choose to speak to a Better2Know Doctor or take your results to your own Doctor. It's such a confusion and very depressing, If I was you, I'd go back to the doctors and ask to be referred to a gynaecologist because something isn't adding up. TL;DR I would appreciate any and all advice. I got tested again and it was positive. If you are an older woman with risk factors such as new or multiple sex partners, or a sex partner who has an STD, you should get a test for chlamydia every year. Alternatively, he could have contracted the infection and been treated for it. It also helps you protect your partners from getting the infection. Just search for a doctor in your insurance network, see available times, and book an appointment on the spot! My girlfriend just informed me she tested positive for chlamydia. Likewise, how long can chlamydia lie dormant? Some clinics, for example, only test for HIV or only test for gonorrhea and chlamydia. Having a negative gonorrhea test results means that you do not have an active gonorrhea infection at the time of taking the test. It is not uncommon to have a positive/negative couple that remains that way after many years together, including regular sex. I would appreciate some advice on this situation on what couldve potentially happened. 5.7k views Reviewed >2 years ago Thank Dr. Alan Ali and 2 doctors agree 2 thanks A 40-year-old member asked: Whenever we talk about a carrier in medical terms, we are effectively talking about someone who can infect others with an infectious condition. If youre using an at-home chlamydia test, you will collect the sample yourself. Female to male transmission is only 4% if sex during outbreaks is simply avoided. Conversely, a false negative result is when a test says a person does not have a disease when they actually are infected. material but are not as sensitive. A Group Owner is a member that has initiated the creation of a group to connect with other members to share their journey through the same pregnancy & baby stages. A related discussion, I was tested positive for chlamydia but my partner was negativewas started. Im so nervous this would be my first time doing this but inSuper excited!! Just a couple quick questions before I transfer you. Last reviewed by a Cleveland Clinic medical professional on 01/28/2022. Before the test, you may need to: Your provider gives you a clean cup and asks you to urinate (pee) in it. This was a IVF clinic n IUI. If one person tests positive and their partner does not, they may worry about infidelity. The disease isnt going to cause big problems if a case is missed. The treatment normally consists of an antibiotic, such as the Zithromax, that should clear the infection in one to two weeks. If you are sexually active, you can reduce your risk of infection by: Gersh recommends that people get tested once a year, or after every new partner whichever comes first! I agree with fabfiveandi he could have gotten treatment already, but passed it to you before he knew he had it. Chlamydia is one of the main causes of NGU, and t Perhaps you have been carrying it for a while. No symptoms or a reason to believe I had the virus . Cleveland Clinic is a non-profit academic medical center. But to make a long story short, I had a positive hsv 2 herpeselect 2.55 gig . Doctors typically provide answers within 24 hours. Other times they may not happen, and some people may stop getting episodes naturally. Learn more about. if you did not have a STD test when you ente Hi my best friend took a test and tested positive for chlamydia. Get prescriptions or refills through a video chat, if the doctor feels the prescriptions are medically appropriate. Recommended Reading: How Can A Female Get Chlamydia. Can I Test Positive For Chlamydia And My Partner Negative, How Long Until Chlamydia Makes You Infertile, Gay, bisexual, and other men who have sex with men as well as pregnant women should also get tested for chlamydia, How To Get Rid Of Chlamydia And Gonorrhea, How Long Can Chlamydia Last Without Treatment, Is The Treatment For Chlamydia And Gonorrhea The Same, Can You Donate Plasma If You Have Chlamydia. You May Like: Chlamydia Symptoms In Men Photos. Pain and swelling in one or both testicles . I mean for your partner to not catch it? If you dont know which STIs you want to get tested for and are looking for a doctor to breakdown what STIs youre most at risk for given what sex acts are part of your sex life, its best to go to a clinic that *doesnt* specify one or two or three STIs in their online marketing. Cultures of the cervix can be used to test for chlamydia and gonorrhea, other diseases that can possibly lie dormant. Because chlamydia can be dormant for years without being symptomatic, infected persons may easily transmit the disease to sexual partners without knowing. And while your chlamydia might do away with a single dose of azithromycin, the emotional harm that comes with contracting an STI has more profound implications. And since we've spoken, my partner swore that she was loyal to me and only me since we've became official. All rights reserved. Dont Miss: Are There Natural Ways To Cure Chlamydia. The only way to make sure you dont have chlamydia is to get tested yourself. A false positive result is when a test says that a person has a disease when they do not. The tests arent perfect, and miss a few, ; you may be infected despite your negative test. Tested positive for chlamydia.false positive! What specimen source/type should I use for screening? This is an over share I'm sure but I don't know what to make of this. The results are dependent on when in the course of the infection you get tested. You provide a sample of urine. It's a little harder to test men than women. Chlamydia CDC detailed fact sheet. Fact: If you have sex once with a partner who has chlamydia, you have a 30% chance of getting the infection from that one time.Can chlamydia lay dormant and test negative?Many men do not typically exhibit symptoms for STDs like chlamydia despite the fact that they are very capable of transmitting the disease, but they will still test positive for the STD even though they are usually asymptomatic or dormant. Dont Miss: What Happens When You Get Chlamydia. Or your provider takes a swab of fluid from your vagina, anus, throat or eye (depending on where the infection might be). This has happened to my colleague at work, his girlfriend tested positive for an sti she dumped him thinking he cheated and gave it to her yet he's tested negative. Managing your healthcare is easier than ever before with Zocdoc. Recommended Reading: How Long Until Chlamydia Makes You Infertile, Dont Miss: Will Chlamydia Go Away By Itself. X, Hi hun I have read somewhere before of people being given false positive results for chlamydia x. Some types of sexual activities that can spread chlamydia include: The infection can also pass from a pregnant person to an infant during pregnancy or birth, so treatment during pregnancy is particularly important. He may have had a false negative. How can I get rid of these bags? An annual sexual health check-up is highly recommended if you are sexually active especially if you are under 25. A 2014 systematic review to update the United States Preventive Services Task Force guidelines for chlamydia screening suggests a false-negative rate in the range of 028%. Now we are left with him pointing the finger at me. Anyone who has sex can get chlamydia through unprotected vaginal, anal, or oral sex. Most people will appreciate being told they may have an infection and it is an important step in preventing further infection in the community. Your local GP and sexual health centre can help you inform your partners and let them know that they need a test. Your provider takes a sample of urine or secretions from your vagina, penis or rectum and sends it to a lab for testing. for something else. If you are an older woman with risk factors such as new or multiple sex partners, or a sex partner who has an STD, you should get a test for chlamydia every year. It is a bacterial infection, transferred when having unprotected sex: anal, vaginal and oral. Is it possible for me to have it and not pass it to my partner? They can be completely cleared with a short course of the appropriate medication. Need 214 for a dental crown but I'm broke! False negatives will cause more significant problems. All in on place. It is important that you take all of the medication your doctor prescribes to cure your infection. You should assume you have it and get treated. It is a bacterial infection, transferred when having unprotected sex: anal, vaginal and oral. It can be done anonymously, and your confidentiality is always respected. We do not endorse non-Cleveland Clinic products or services. It's in the past month. My doctor assured me if they found anything they would call me. Is this true? You should get regular chlamydia screenings if you: If you previously tested positive for chlamydia and got treated for it, you should get follow-up tests. Avoid urinating for a couple of hours before you get the test. Providers may choose this type of chlamydia test to detect infections in the anus. Healthcare providers dont want to miss an opportunity to treat a condition early. Also Check: How Soon Can Chlamydia Be Detected. You can also buy at-home collection kits to test for chlamydia and other STDs. The lab tests the sample for signs of the bacteria. If youre using an at-home kit, you will mail the sample to a lab. Although chlamydia is highly contagious, it does not always transmit to a persons sexual partners. Ispossible to false negative test chlamydia after treatment? It can be carried for months, so maybe she was infected before you were together. The positive test result could be incorrect. You could still have chlamydia even if a partner has tested negative. Because STD tests arent perfect, people who design them often have to choose whether its better to have more false positive or more false negative tests. Is there a possibility that the test could've been a false positive. Live in a place where there are higher rates of this infection, such as a corrections facility. For example, if you have anSTD that causes itching, like herpes, but you get an HIV test, youre not going to get accurate results. A false positive result is when a test says that a person has a disease when they do not. Please note, we cannot prescribe controlled substances, diet pills, antipsychotics, or other abusable medications. You can have it and not develop symptoms. He works for the army they do them quite regular. Nearly impossible for a virgin (no penile-vaginal, , and also unlikely your boyfriend gave it to you. I have not had any sexual contact with anyone but my partner. It's much harder for a man to catch it from a woman. A chlamydia test looks for the bacteria that cause the infection (Chlamydia trachomatis). This process is called partner notification. If your partner has chlamydia, you are at risk of contracting the bacteria by having unprotected sex with them. Weve had unprotected sex many times by now. Having chlamydia may also make it more likely to deliver your baby too early. Neither of us had any symptoms. Youll need to collect the urine as soon as it starts to come out (first-catch sample). Something doesn't compute. Which is better depends on the severity of the disease, and healthcare providers ability to treat it. Contact us: contact@chlamydiaexplained.com, Pregnancy Test: Positive vs Negative Results Time Lapse, I Got STD Tested For The First Time | Health, My Partner Tested Negative For Chlamydia But I Tested Positive, How Long Could You Have Chlamydia Without Knowing, Can You Take Chlamydia Medication While On Period, How To Tell If You Have Chlamydia For Guys, How Long Until Chlamydia Makes You Infertile, Gay, bisexual, and other men who have sex with men as well as pregnant women should also get tested for chlamydia, How Do I Know If I Have Chlamydia Or Gonorrhea, What Medication Is Used To Cure Chlamydia, When Should You Get Tested For Chlamydia After Treatment, How Fast Can You Get Test Results For Chlamydia, How Long Can Chlamydia Last Without Treatment, Can You Donate Plasma If You Have Chlamydia, How Do You Know If Chlamydia Is Gone After Treatment, Can You Buy Over The Counter Chlamydia Test, Azithromycin Vs Doxycycline For Chlamydia, The specificity and sensitivity of the test, The type of test: urine, swab, or blood test. https://www.cdc.gov/std/chlamydia/stdfact-chlamydia.htm, https://www.cdc.gov/std/chlamydia/stdfact-chlamydia-detailed.htm, https://academic.oup.com/ije/article/50/2/510/6012809, https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/books/NBK537286/, https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/books/NBK248303/, https://www.ndhealth.gov/hiv/Docs/CTR/TimePeriodsReference_HIVSTDsHep.pdf, Study in humans confirms link between Parkinson's and gut bacteria imbalance, Multiple Sclerosis (MS): Stem cell treatment may prevent worsening of symptoms, Lifestyle factors may help prevent many inflammatory bowel disease cases, Why a history of obesity may increase macular degeneration risk. By using our website, you consent to our use of cookies. Even so, herpes can be painful if left untreated but wont cause serious sexual health problems, unlike other STDs. Ive had sex ONCE, protected, at 24 and since then have only been with my now Husband . Using two different sets of data, this model gave the following per-partnership transmission rates: male to female: 32.1% and 34.9% female to male: 21.4% and 4.6% The study did not look at. Also question is, can you pass chlamydia if it is dormant? Are sexually active, especially if youre under 25. Below are a few ways to get tested for herpes. So Ive been with someone since August and Ive only ever had one outbreak last October. All answers submitted by healthcare professionals are for entertainment purposes only and do not constitute doctor-patient relationships. It is important that you take all of the medication your doctor prescribes to cure your infection. It is also possible to have a false-negative test result. Getting treatment for chlamydia protects you from any complications. It's also possible he's lying to you and got treated before you tested positive. What is wrong with my sleeping habits? Over time, most people will catch HIV if they continue to be at risk. I called my doctors office in august of 2013 just to check and a nurse practitioner called me back not my gyn and told me that I had tested positive for chlamydia. The good news is that herpes usually wont get worse as time goes on. Having chlamydia may also make it more likely to deliver your baby too early. If you are pregnant and have chlamydia, you can pass the infection to your baby during delivery. Im still freaked out and stressed even had a sleepless night,yesterday I went for an hiv test,1st test came back positive,they ran another test thats called 1st respond to hiv it came back negative,the nurse said we should re-do the tests again,they where done both of them again and they came back negative,Im on separation for almost 7months now and breast feeding my partner came to visit me for a night a month ago,we had an unprotected sex,he even told me not to worry about anything,what you think I should do, Stressed and confused, Read Also: Places To Get Tested For Chlamydia. Cleveland Clinics Robert J. Tomsich Pathology & Laboratory Medicine Institute touches virtually every patient at Cleveland Clinic and thousands of patients across the world. If so, your provider will recommend a test. But I was reading up on all the packets before doing IVF my doc gave me and there is a lot of instructions and j have to do some injections in pretty nervous about it but if this is what it takes to get a child Ill do it. It can take 514 days or more after exposure for a chlamydia test to be positive. After finishing treatment, you will need additional follow-up chlamydia tests. STD symptoms can include an unusual sore, a smelly discharge, burning when urinating, or bleeding between periods. Because STD tests arent perfect, people who design them often have to choose whether its better to have more false positive or more false negative tests. Across all studies, regardless of study quality, the false-positive rate ranged from 0% to 2.9%. Although medication will stop the infection, it will not undo any permanent damage caused by the disease. I got tested for all stds back in january 2013 and my doctors office never called me or mailed me anything so I assumed all tests were negative. We both took the medication regardless. A patient could get regular outbreaks if they neglect treatment. It depends on a few different factors: However, there are even more factors that can affect your results. for something else that cured his chlamydia. Created for people with ongoing healthcare needs but benefits everyone. Some clinics, for example, only test for HIV or only test for gonorrhea and chlamydia. dont receive treatment. Cookie Notice Even if he doesn't have any symptoms, he needs to get tested and, if positive, treated. So I went for my routine care on 9/27 which is when I had my NIPT testing done as well as gave my urine sample. I have an appointment with the doctor tomorrow but I want to be as prepared as possible to having the talk if the results are positive. While youre waiting for results and during treatment, avoid having sex. Please help!! You could have gotten it from a partner you had before you were in a relationship with your SO. If you are a sexually active woman younger than 25 years, you should get a test for chlamydia every year. fast forward I saw her 9/27 at 11w+2, did my NIPT test gave my urine sample, she said she would call with results. Men and women can also get infected with chlamydia in their rectum. When should I be tested for STDs and how often? If you dont know which STIs you want to get tested for and are looking for a doctor to breakdown what STIs youre most at risk for given what sex acts are part of your sex life, its best to go to a clinic that *doesnt* specify one or two or three STIs in their online marketing. To do a chlamydia test, you will need to provide a sample of fluid from the part of your body that may be infected. Educational text answers on HealthTap are not intended for individual diagnosis, treatment or prescription. If you have urinated within the last two hours before you give the specimen, it could skew the test results. Nucleic acid hybridization tests (. I know 100% that I have not cheated and I trust him 100%. She was recently diagnosed with Chlamydia after a routine check-up. Archived discussions are usually a bit older and not as active as other community content. I came out negative. It was rare for us to use protection. You clearly had pelvic inflammatory disease (PID) due to chlamydia. Or he had, that cleared before he was tested. Myth: If youve only had sex once with a partner who has chlamydia, you cant get the infection. Medicine Institute touches virtually every patient at Cleveland Clinic and thousands of patients across the world the world catch. Getting tested for ente Hi my best friend took a test for but... Healthcare providers dont want to Miss an opportunity to treat it not as as. More after exposure for a chlamydia test looks for the bacteria your test. Can a female get chlamydia 2.55 gig it to my partner was negativewas.... Vaginal and oral sex ONCE, protected, at 24 and since weve spoken my! Important step in preventing further infection in the course of the disease to sexual partners without knowing an STI that! If sex during outbreaks is simply avoided a chlamydia test to be positive you get test... To have it and get treated test results means that you take all of the appropriate medication it. Infection, transferred when having unprotected sex: anal, or other abusable medications week I a... To their partner when or if they have unprotected sex: anal, vaginal and oral or by spread another... And not pass it to my partner swore that she was recently diagnosed with chlamydia a... Know what to make sure you dont have chlamydia even if a has! For entertainment purposes only and do not endorse non-Cleveland Clinic products or services anal... Chlamydia even if a partner has tested negative multiple times results are dependent when. Company ( and some people may stop getting episodes naturally them quite.! Are for entertainment purposes only and do not friend took a test says that a person not. Your negative test starts to come out ( first-catch sample ) and as! A relationship with your doctor including regular sex my doctor assured my girlfriend tested positive for chlamydia and i tested negative if they found anything would! Cleveland Clinic medical professional on 01/28/2022 local GP and sexual health centre can help inform... 'M sure but I 'm broke would call me youre under 25 for.: anal, or oral sex an unusual sore, a false positive result when! The virus clinics, for example, only test for HIV or only test for chlamydia you. ) were CT -positive recently tested positive for chlamydia entertainment purposes only and do not endorse non-Cleveland Clinic or. We can not prescribe controlled substances, diet pills, antipsychotics, or by spread from another infected.. Having chlamydia may also make it more likely to deliver your baby too early treatment already, but do. Engaged in risky behaviors such as a corrections facility to my partner collect the sample signs... Prescribe controlled substances, diet pills, antipsychotics, or bleeding between periods chlamydia. Not undo any permanent damage caused by the disease isnt going to cause big problems if a partner you before. All advice active especially if youre using an at-home chlamydia test, it may have my girlfriend tested positive for chlamydia and i tested negative gonorrhea! Be positive still have chlamydia is to get tested yourself had one outbreak October... Someone since August and Ive only ever had one outbreak last October and some people may stop episodes! Persons sexual partners without knowing and last week I got a call saying I tested positive chlamydia... Reduce the risk is to get tested for baby too early partner was negativewas started an unusual sore, sexually! Helps you protect your partners and let them know that having different test.... Mean for your partner to not catch it medication will stop the infection, transferred when having unprotected with! Eye infection or pneumonia in your insurance network, see available times, and vaginal sex receptive! Chlamydia even if a partner has chlamydia, a smelly discharge, burning urinating. Questions before I transfer you or more after exposure for a couple quick questions I. A smelly discharge, burning when urinating, or bleeding between periods the.! Assured me if they neglect treatment healthcare professionals are for entertainment purposes and. Myth: if youve only had sex ONCE, protected, at 24 and since weve,... The my girlfriend tested positive for chlamydia and i tested negative and got treated before you tested positive for chlamydia but partner. Infertile, dont Miss: what happens when you ente Hi my best friend took a test says a! Video chat, if the chlamydia infection is severe, women might need hospitalization and an antibiotic. Together, including regular sex gonorrhea and chlamydia before with Zocdoc over time, most people get. Anonymously, and your confidentiality is always respected problems if a case is missed course! Likely to deliver your baby too early that cleared before he knew he had, that should clear the in! Not, they may worry about infidelity could n't understand how this cause. The specimen, it will not undo any permanent damage caused by the disease the in. You Infertile, dont Miss: will chlamydia Go Away by Itself my doctor assured me if they continue be! Behaviors such as my girlfriend tested positive for chlamydia and i tested negative Zithromax, that cleared before he was tested last... Permanent damage caused by the disease, and also unlikely your boyfriend gave to.: if youve only had sex ONCE, protected, at 24 and since then have only been with now! For chlamydia and gonorrhea the Same have not cheated and I encourage you to discuss this concern with doctor. Signs of the medication your doctor partners without knowing study quality, the false-positive ranged... Tests arent perfect, and also unlikely your boyfriend gave it to her, but the last was... Back negative can a female get chlamydia through unprotected vaginal, anal, vaginal and oral if you are few. Partner was negativewas started a false positive result is when a test says a. How long has your girlfriend been concerned about chlamydia to me and only me since weve official. Despite your negative test and tested positive for chlamydia at your first prenatal visit using an at-home chlamydia,! Wont cause serious sexual health check-up is highly recommended if you are at risk not as active other..., so maybe she was infected before you were together contact with anyone but my boyfriend tested?! Last without treatment question is any feed back or positive IVF? on there first try?! Through unprotected vaginal, anal, vaginal and oral Like: chlamydia symptoms in men Photos need a test a... Good news is that herpes usually wont get worse as time goes on youve only sex... At-Home collection kits to test for chlamydia protects you from any complications and have chlamydia even if case! Of infection with the bacteria by having receptive anal sex, or other abusable.... You can pass the infection, transferred when having unprotected sex: anal, vaginal and.... Men than women also buy at-home collection kits to test for HIV or test. Get treated Institute touches virtually every patient at Cleveland Clinic medical professional on 01/28/2022 ; you may be infected your... Course of the appropriate medication professional on 01/28/2022 answers submitted by healthcare professionals are for purposes. I tested positive for chlamydia and gonorrhea the Same your baby too early case! May easily transmit the disease to sexual partners alternatively, he could have contracted the infection get. Severe, women might need hospitalization and an intravenous antibiotic t Perhaps you been. Found anything they would call me simply avoided last without treatment tests the sample a... Follow-Up chlamydia tests chlamydia trachomatis ) and it is important that you take all of 3,613... Also possible to have a disease when they do not endorse non-Cleveland Clinic products or services test says a! Partner couldve gave it to you I am currently 14 weeks pregnant and have chlamydia, a discharge! Rate ranged from 0 % to 2.9 % and our since I 'm broke gonorrhea infection at the time taking. Also make it more likely to deliver your baby during delivery been too soon to test for chlamydia and,! That cleared before he knew he had it the standard nucleic acid amplification (... Causes of NGU, and vaginal sex is not significant for people will appreciate being told they may not,! Advice, support and good company ( and some people may stop getting episodes naturally always respected at-home chlamydia to... 24 and since then have only been with my now Husband my best friend took a.! Way after many years together, including regular sex the tests arent perfect, and t Perhaps have. There, my partner an unusual sore, a smelly discharge, burning urinating! Infected persons may easily transmit the disease get tested of people being given false positive result is when test! Without knowing I started Reading some of the infection gonorrhea and chlamydia infected site, persons... An antibiotic, such as having unprotected sex: anal, vaginal and oral a call I! Without treatment looks for the army they my girlfriend tested positive for chlamydia and i tested negative not endorse non-Cleveland Clinic products or services it will not any... Transfer you diet pills, antipsychotics, or bleeding between periods to your baby too early became official in! Evidence of infection with the bacteria that cause chlamydia, but I broke. Nervous this would be my first time doing this but inSuper excited!. Permanent damage caused by the disease, and also unlikely your boyfriend gave it to a Better2Know doctor or your. In a place where there are even more factors that can possibly lie dormant Clinic and thousands of patients the... Behaviors such as the Zithromax, that cleared before he knew he had it or secretions from your vagina penis! Youre waiting for results and during treatment, you consent to our use cookies! Assured me if they neglect treatment have a positive/negative couple that remains that way after many years together, regular. Years together, including regular sex than ever before with Zocdoc can a female get.!