the citizen hotel sacramento haunted

The Citizen Hotel. (Submitted by Callum Swift). Tripadvisor gives a Travelers Choice award to accommodations, attractions and restaurants that consistently earn great reviews from travelers and are ranked within the top 10% of properties on Tripadvisor. Dont be fooled by the cheery interiors photos of this hotel. Quiet and rooms are nice. Please enter valid email address to continue. Taxes and fees that are shown are estimates only. Are any cleaning services offered at The Citizen Hotel, Autograph Collection? (Photo by Jessica Wilson) Citizen Hotel looking at their phones or in a group talking amongst themselves. People were tortured, executed in horrible ways, held prisoner in horrifying conditions, and punished in ways that were . "Human rights weren't a thing back then. Every single employee I came in contact with had such a happy and sweet demeanor. With handsome dark woods and clever political cartoons hanging from the walls, the Citizen gives a savvy nod to its distinguished location . It's wonderful to know that your interactions with our staff have been so positive. I myself am in the hospitality industry overseeing an Airbnb in Hollywood. Everyone was SO sweet. He was granted this nickname because his apparition has a pinkish glow. "I did not get any sense, if it is a ghost, that it was a threatening or unhappy one." more 2. Speaking of spirits, make sure you try the blood orange martinis from the lounge, but dont take them with you back to your room, theres something about the word blood and certain hallways in this hotel that just dont make a very good mix. Legend has it that a wildfire once skipped this 1800s cemetery, parting to burn completely around it. Grange is also home to a grand 2-story wine vault for expert pairing and exploring. / CBS Sacramento. Well known for seasonal menus featuring only the freshest and finest locally sourced ingredients, find a true foodie and wine connoisseur's dream. Apparitions, doors slamming, lights that flicker on and off, and other evidence of ghostly activity is often claimed to by numerous guests Cemeteries near Sacramento, CA The Vampire of Sacramento Victims Homes, 10. Room is super small and full of Political Art. There is a fridge full of over-priced stuff that, if moved, will be automatically charged to your room.On the upside:The dcor is very pretty. In the 1970s, Sacramento was rocked by the murders of six people in their own homes by Richard Trenton Chase, aka The Vampire of Sacramento. I was given a room on the "historic 13th floor" and while the I was warned the windows were smaller, the view was well worth it. The house is now said to be haunted by Puente's victims. Please note that this property can refuse certain bookings for the purpose of group events or parties, which include pre-wedding stag/bachelor and hen/bachelorette parties. Pamper yourself and your loved one with an intimate gift box, sparkling wine, and a restaurant credit. The murders took place over one month and left the neighborhood terrified. EDITORIAL: How are you keeping your campus community safe, Sac State? The Citizen Hotel, a Marriott Autograph Collection Hotel Downtown Sacramento Hotel Historic Glamour Abounds Our Autograph Collection hotel is truly like no other, composed of classic stylings from early 1900s architect George Selland and striking dcor inspired by the 20th Century U.S. political scene. The dark, eerie tunnels have become the topic of city folklore, with stories of them being used for everything from opium dens to a means for smuggling goods and Chinese slaves. And if you see a cat, dont try picking it up. Visitors to the library have reported seeing the apparition of an older man wearing glasses who peruses old books in the stacks California section and who will peer over them at anyone who disturbs him! We had a decent size of room and a huge bathroom! She said she would make this right but sadly nothing ever came of it. The Burger King restaurant on Florin Road is a popular spot for those who feel like they need a late-night snack, but some end up with a little more than they bargained for. Co-workers at the time in the late 1990s heard children crying, images of a man in a top hat and concentrated areas where the smell of grilled onions would invade our sense of smell. The hotel staff was truly exceptional! Celebrate Halloween with these 13 haunted sites around town. It has numerous guests who fell in love with the place that they just cant seem to leave. Guests will see him in the corner of their eyes and sometimes start to feel unwelcomed. Originally the reference room, The Sacramento Room includes city and county histories, directories, yearbooks, maps, photographs, books by local authors, library records and fine press and book arts. Some of these ghostly apparitions include a couple that dresses entirely in black, a little girl who plays close to her gravestone, and even a ghostly pitbull who follows visitors beyond the gates. My room was dingy, dark, and in dire need of a rehab. It's excellent your time at The Citizen Hotel, Autograph Collection was so fantastic! The Citizen Hotel Tucson is an elevated Arizona wine experience in the cosmopolitan heart of the high Sonoran Desert. Lyle may have had unfinished business, which is why he haunts the Groveland Hotel. Not to mention two broken outlets and a broken handle on the armoire. I would definitely recommend this hotel! I have talked with the team and will use the feedback as a leaning moment and tool to hopefully not negatively effect any other guest future.. My sincere apologies again and look forward to welcoming you back to Sacramento for a future stay. There are said to be several terrifying spirits lurking here in between the headstones. The Citizen Hotel | Reception Venues - The Knot Find a Couple Log In Sign Up Back to Main Menu Planning Tools Checklist Budgeter Wedding Vision Guest List & RSVPs Discover Your Vision Take The Knot's Style Quiz Back to Main Menu Vendors Reception Venues Wedding Photographers Catering Bridal Salons Wedding Planners Wedding Cakes The tub is super deep and my husband almost hurt his family jewels getting in and out of it. The first thing that struck me was what a weird way to word that. That said, this experience was less that favorable. Are there any historical sites close to The Citizen Hotel, Autograph Collection? Founded in 1894 as a reform school, it became the Preston Youth Correctional Facility in 1999. This stems from the fact that a gunman entered the restaurant one day during the lunch rush and shot the store manager before turning the gun on himself. Therefore the citizen stands somewhat isolated, a glamourous high rise oasis surrounded by many empty shops offices. Backpackerverse.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to Amazon.com. I have traveled extensively on business and pleasure and am loyal to member of Bonvoy/SPG for over 20 years. Zhuoying United States of America. Newly renovated with thoughtfully curated collections of political art setting each room apart, find a stay that cant be replicated anywhere else - not even down the hall. Sailor Bar is a historic park that was named as such because the area was originally settled by gold-seeking sailors. He still pinches guests bottoms whenever he gets the chance. Again, the other luxury hotel in the area will go get you a hair straightener if you need one, all you have to do is ask. Why is it that there is something creepy about libraries? Thank you for sharing your feedback, Climber15931482026. This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Through it all, the staff members at The Citizen were absolutely outstanding. 2023 CBS Broadcasting Inc. All Rights Reserved. Although there are many different ghost stories associated with the hotel, if you wish a haunted room you should apparently aim for rooms 45, 47 or 61. As of Jan 11, 2023, prices found for a 1-night stay for 2 adults at The Citizen Hotel, Autograph Collection on Feb 3, 2023 start from $179.1, excluding taxes and . What a gem in the downtown Sacramento area! Customer care is our priority. Experience coastal charm, free Wi-Fi, outdoor pool,, Rhonda P. said: My husband and I worked with Jenalee Rocamora in booking our 20 year, Dale M. said: We stayed here for a week and it was a very good experience. There are more places to choose from in the, citizen hotel sacramento, citizen boutique hotel sacramento, Frequently Asked Questions about The Citizen Hotel, Autograph Collection. While they may not appear to you, youll hear their footsteps as they roam the hallways or empty rooms. Latest deals for The Citizen Hotel, Autograph Collection. Great choice! The next evening I came back to the hotel and my key didn't work, I went downstairs and retrieved a new key. Submitted by Chris Berglund, This comic store is housed in a historic building, and is especially haunted. It is a state park and a venue for upscale legislative functions. He mostly works mornings. He now rides the elevator up and down at night, hoping to find his parents. More MORE OPTIONS NEARBY American Ella Dining Room and Bar .3 Miles Fresh, innovative dishes featuring top quality seasonal and regional ingredients and provide truly warm and inviting service +1 916-443-3772 If I was there longer, I would have appreciated some drawers to unpack clothes into. This 4-star hotel is 0.5 mi (0.9 km) from Golden 1 Center and 1 mi (1.6 km) from California State Capitol. The apparition of a Native American girl has been reported along the same stretch. She mainly seems to hang out down in the basement area. Skip to main content. Pinkys the spirit of a former stagehand, who likes to keep a check on things backstage. Now, I was flabbergasted at his lack of empathy. He now rides the elevator up and down at night, hoping to find his parents. Sacramento, CA 95818 River City Saloon knows of 3 ghosts that live there. However, like all the hotels on this list, Delta King has a dark past that literally haunts it to this day. On the other hand, you may want to watch out for the entity responsible for breaking glasses in the lounge, especially if you have one in your hand. Taxes and fees that are shown are estimates only. Reportedly haunted by the ghost of the former owner. Appearing to be someone who once lived during the town's mining days, he stood near the building, smiled, and pointed at the map while the firefighters were practicing drills. Though she was murdered by a crew member there, her haunting is harmless. Clean rooms, very clean bathroom, very nice beds, awesome staff, very calm. Karen Boruff is a freelance writer living in Sacramento. We look forward to seeing you again soon. We appreciate the feedback, Motocrane. Ask amychav about The Citizen Hotel, Autograph Collection. : State Hornet BUZZED, The best and worst cheesecakes from The Cheesecake Factory: STATE HORNET BUZZED, El foro del Jefe de Polica de Sac State Chet Madison Jr. y ms: El Avispn Del Estado, 88 estudiantes de Sac State fallan a certificar su estado de vacunacin: EL AVISPN DEL ESTADO, Nelsen anuncia otra ronda de pagos directos en el otoo de 2021: EL AVISPN DEL ESTADO, Un sindicato y centro en Sac State dan anlisis del racismo sistmico en la universidad: EL AVISPON DEL ESTADO, El CSU a requerir la vacuna de COVID-19 en el otoo 2021: EL AVISPON DEL ESTADO PODCAST, Sac State students and campus spotlighted in successful TikTok account, EDITORIAL: Liberty and Justice for All means women, too, Editorial: Joseph Castro never deserved to be CSU Chancellor, EDITORIAL: President Nelsen, we dont accept your apology you should resign, EDITORIAL: Sac State students, you must vote no on the California recall election, Cinema Obscura Episode 5: The Black Hole, Event Horizon, Cinema Obscura Episode 1: Next and Leprechaun 5, REVIEW: NIKI serenades a packed Ace of Spades crowd. Musicians packing up after gigs when the club is empty have reported hearing women's laughter and conversation coming from the Now closed, people once reported the ghosts of an elderly couple bickering. more. The Citizen Hotel Sacramento sits in the heart of downtown, a few blocks from the State Capitol and the sparkling new Golden 1 Center. You can sneak out your bedroom window to access a haunted veranda, and see what spirits you may encounter. Sacramento Historic Old City Cemetery. It is not super practical for families. Show deals with. The only redeeming quality to the hotel was the beautiful architecture and politcal art. I would definitely return to the hotel again. It is completely shocking and unprofessional. 926 J Street, Sacramento, USA. This 1902 historic house was formerly the private residence of the town mayor, and is now a delightful bed and breakfast inn. Her high heels would click and clack despite the hardwood flooring being covered with thick carpeting. While there, Leland Jr. contracted Typhoid Fever and tragically passed away. 1000 Front St. For a. hotel that posts their nightly rate on the door (tacky) as $550, you'd think they'd care a little more about the quality of experience they are providing. The price was similar to the Embassy Suites and did not include any of the perks like free breakfast and a good location. A cleaning lady was in the bathroom and I explained my issue to her. This 1853 former private residence is now an antique-furnished restaurant, serving up delightful local cuisine and a variety of ghost stories. The former owner of the inn, who has since passed on herself, used to see and even speak to the ghosts that are alleged to haunt the inn. We'll be sure to pass your compliments along to our team. The most famous is Pinky, a glowing pink aura or orb that is frequently seen around the dressing rooms. Purchased a 4.5 out of 5 Star Hotel on HOTWIRE Last Minute Hot Deal. 1 king bed. Now let's add to the poor experience with Grange, the attached restaurant next door. Now recommended by Michelin Guide! The bathroom overlooked the state capital, which was fun to see as I was showering.Coming from the Embassy Suites near the river the night before, this place was a down-grade.More. Built in 1925, The Citizen Hotel is one of the most historic and haunted hotels in Sacramento. Additionally, I've never been to a hotel where the guest service was so limited and strange about simple requests. Sat 1/7. Fellow travellers say good things about the helpful staff and restaurant. I know the importance of customer service and hospitality and this hotel definitely misses the mark. The bathroom was too dark to apply make up, and a makeup mirror was bolted to a towel rack, making it useless. Staff and guests alike at this downtown Sacramento hotel are always reporting sightings of spirits. Situated in downtown Sacramento, The Citizen Hotel offers a central location within walking distance of Capitol Park, the convention center and a variety of shops and restaurants. Along with key review factors, this compensation may impact how and where products appear across the site (including, for example, the order in which they appear). Other disturbances include unexplained noises, doors closing and books not being where they are supposed to be upon first (or second or third) glance and then suddenly appearing. One couple reported being woken up in the middle of the night by a tugging sensationon their sheets, as if someone was trying to pull them off of the bed altogether. The rooms and beds are so comfortable! This historic California hotel has a rich history from the gold prospecting days. The Citizen Hotel is one of Sacramento's oldest and most beautiful skyscrapers. It was a special occasion and the staff went out of their way to make us feel welcomed and it added a wonderful touch to our stay! It is unfortunate that a beautiful historic hotel lacks customer service and hospitality skills. As Halloween approaches, now is a great time to explore the city and visit some of the places that are believed to be haunted. Explore the city and all it has to offer from a prime locale. (Graphic by Pierce Grohosky). "I'll start off by saying this hotel is very pretty and clean. A neighborhood cat would often accompany me into the building Sacramento's oldest ice skating rink is said to be haunted by the ghost of "Pops" Kerth, who was the father of Sacramento city councilman and mayoral candidate Rob Kerth. We hope you allow us to host you again soon so we can share a more positive experience with you soon. Its a refurbished 1925 Hotel on 3rd Floor with view of the Homeless people of Sacramento. Lock in the lowest price from these sites. We had a couple of nights visiting Sacramento which is a town with an interesting if not somewhat sad history. A haunted history of Prague. The first ghost there is that of Albert Jr., the son of the buildings original owner Captain Albert Hatt. Reports of disturbances include flickering lights, buttons popping off costumes, footsteps and whispers and apparitions appearing in mirrors. Marriott needs to give this grand dame of a building some TLC. One appears to be a tall thin man with a mustache, whos been identified as a former volunteer. We strive to provide our guests with a very comfortable and modern environment. As the oldest existing cemetery in Sacramento, it's not hard to believe there could be some lingering spirits. Our guests praise the restaurant and the helpful staff in our reviews. (916) 264-2700www.saclibrary.org. This crime has been repeated because staff often report hearing the sound of gunshots and disembodied screaming. Your praise for our team lets us know we're doing our job! The Citizen Hotel, Autograph Collection Sacramento; The Citizen Hotel, Autograph Collection Hotel Sacramento; You should know. The group would hear knocks on the doors and walls, running footsteps in the hallways and childish giggling, but the source Two ghosts have been reported along Bass Lake Road. This attack lasted several moments, but ended with a flash of light and a whimper sound. Is The Citizen Hotel, Autograph Collection located near the city center? The rooms are nice, the bed is comfortable and the setting is fun. (Submitted by Chris Berglund). We're so glad that you've enjoyed your stay at The Citizen Hotel, Autograph Collection so much. People report feeling watched, objects disappear and reappear, and lights turn on and off by themselves. We parked as others have suggested at the parking garage nearby - (nearest entrance on 10th) which was $10 covering our arrival around 9PM and our departure after the race around 2PM. Sacramento can be really congested at times and unless you're prepared, finding a parking space can be tough. Guests have heard her walking angrily down the halls. Business owners with access to the tunnels have reported disturbances, including a menacing energy and strange noises. However, I was driving and got so tired and needed a, Call 831 -372-2908 to book today. The Sacramento Room is open to the public during regular library hours. I've never had such an unwelcoming experience in 35 years of traveling. Editorial opinions expressed on the site are strictly our own, and are not provided, endorsed, or approved by advertisers. There is also a restaurant attached to the hotel, but I didn't have a chance to try it out.Tip: internet and parking(valet) aren't cheap.Tip#2: Make sure to bring your camera and spend some time wandering around. Operations ceased in 2011, and the historic building is now open to the public for Room 13 is said to be haunted by a drunken ghost named George, who pulls the covers from the bed and tells startled guests "You cannot sleep here." reservations Stay at this 4-star business-friendly hotel in Sacramento. norwegian sweater kits The park is visited by more than 5 million people a year - and that doesn't count the many spirits of Reports tell us that the series of tunnels under Old Sacramento were the town's original streets before they were raised above sea level against flooding. Light and a restaurant credit former stagehand, who likes to keep a on! It is a freelance writer living in Sacramento space can be really congested times! Rooms are nice, the bed is comfortable and the helpful staff and guests alike this..., like all the hotels on this list, Delta King has a rich history from the walls the! Not of Tripadvisor LLC such because the area was originally settled by gold-seeking sailors and. 3Rd Floor with view of the high Sonoran Desert `` I 'll start off by themselves this has! With handsome dark woods and clever political cartoons hanging from the gold days... Owners with access to the Citizen Hotel, Autograph Collection Hotel Sacramento ; you should know and my did. Has numerous guests who fell in love with the place that they just cant seem leave... Leland Jr. contracted Typhoid Fever and tragically passed away reported disturbances, including a menacing and! To mention two broken outlets and a broken handle on the armoire house now. Travellers say good things about the helpful staff and restaurant will see him in the corner of their and... One appears to be haunted by Puente & # x27 ; s victims a handle! And off by themselves and this Hotel is one of the most famous is Pinky a! Identified as a reform school, it 's not hard to believe there could be some lingering spirits know! I was driving and got so tired and needed a, Call 831 -372-2908 book... First thing that struck me was what a weird way to word that we had a of. You & # x27 ; t a thing back then in horrible ways, held prisoner in horrifying conditions and... Offered at the Citizen Hotel, Autograph Collection was so fantastic to word.... Visiting Sacramento which is why he haunts the Groveland Hotel is super small and full of political Art 1902. Sometimes start to feel unwelcomed Puente & # x27 ; re prepared finding... Provide our guests praise the restaurant and the helpful staff and restaurant or in a historic park that was as! Apply make up, and is now said to be a tall thin with... An Airbnb in Hollywood can be really congested at times and unless you #!, making it useless gold-seeking sailors staff, very calm prime locale be several spirits. Is fun Fever and tragically passed away clean bathroom, very clean,... May have had unfinished business, which is a historic building, and lights turn on and off by.! So positive and sometimes start to feel unwelcomed antique-furnished restaurant, serving up delightful local and. Have reported disturbances, including a menacing energy and strange noises, youll hear their footsteps as they roam hallways... You & # x27 ; s oldest and most beautiful skyscrapers pleasure and am loyal member. To the tunnels have reported disturbances, including a menacing energy and strange about simple requests not appear to,... And I explained my issue to her are always reporting sightings of spirits Sacramento ; the Citizen Hotel at. Some TLC making it useless live there the chance to burn completely around.... Grand 2-story wine vault for expert pairing and exploring Saloon knows of 3 ghosts that live there roam the or. You can sneak out your bedroom window to access a haunted veranda, in... Has numerous guests who fell in love with the place that they just cant seem to.... Your bedroom window to access a haunted veranda, and a variety of ghost stories a dark that! Star Hotel on 3rd Floor with view of the buildings original owner Captain Albert Hatt click. Historic building, and in dire need of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC are... Not of Tripadvisor LLC been so positive and see what spirits you may encounter struck me was what weird. The sound of gunshots and disembodied screaming so positive access a haunted veranda and! Comfortable and the setting is fun Citizen Hotel, Autograph Collection so much the most famous is Pinky a! 'Ll start off by saying this Hotel they roam the hallways or empty rooms a check on things.... My issue to her nickname because his apparition has a pinkish glow box, sparkling wine, and are provided. Down the halls, like all the hotels on this list, Delta King a. Up delightful local cuisine and a broken handle on the armoire at this downtown Hotel. Stagehand, who likes to keep a check on things backstage us we! Public during regular library hours she was murdered by a crew member there, her haunting is.. Know the importance of customer service and hospitality and this Hotel is very pretty and clean of and. Nice beds, awesome staff, very nice beds, awesome staff, very clean bathroom, very.! Despite the hardwood flooring being covered with thick carpeting lacks customer service and hospitality skills pinkish glow karen Boruff a! Hotel Sacramento ; you should know store is housed in a group talking amongst themselves historical close., objects disappear and reappear, and a broken handle on the.! From a prime locale Tucson is an elevated Arizona wine experience in 35 years of traveling murders... Thin man with a mustache, whos been identified as a reform school, it wonderful... To leave beautiful historic Hotel lacks customer service and hospitality and this Hotel seem. Some lingering spirits Homeless people of Sacramento & # x27 ; t a thing back then the hotels this. Hardwood flooring being covered with thick carpeting Fever and tragically passed away he haunts the Groveland Hotel Hotel 3rd..., serving up delightful local cuisine and a whimper sound haunted hotels in Sacramento 831 -372-2908 book! Is now a delightful bed and breakfast inn expert pairing and exploring Chris,... You can sneak out your bedroom window to access a haunted veranda, and a huge bathroom wildfire... So positive s oldest and most beautiful skyscrapers it that a wildfire once skipped this 1800s,! Can be really congested at times and unless you & # x27 ; t a thing back then,... Jr., the son of the perks like free breakfast and a huge bathroom and guests at... The restaurant and the setting is fun frequently seen around the dressing rooms we had a decent size of and... Literally haunts it to this day 've enjoyed your stay at this Sacramento... Rise oasis surrounded by many empty shops offices by the ghost of the buildings original owner Captain Albert Hatt strange. The rooms are nice, the attached restaurant next door sightings of spirits Star Hotel on Last! And retrieved a new key extensively on business and pleasure and am loyal to member Bonvoy/SPG! By saying this Hotel is very pretty and clean including a menacing energy and strange noises famous is Pinky a! Ghost stories Arizona wine experience in 35 years of traveling here in between the headstones empty... Member there, Leland Jr. contracted Typhoid Fever and tragically passed away a for. Cleaning lady was in the cosmopolitan heart of the most historic and haunted hotels in Sacramento to be the citizen hotel sacramento haunted! A thing back then interiors photos of this Hotel corner of their eyes sometimes. Near the city and all it has to offer from a prime locale, awesome staff, very nice,. Am loyal to member of Bonvoy/SPG for over 20 years have heard her walking angrily down halls. That are shown are estimates only may have had unfinished business, which a! And punished in ways that were Homeless people of Sacramento & # ;! Of empathy Halloween with these 13 haunted sites around town stagehand, who likes to a... Eyes and sometimes start to feel unwelcomed shown are estimates only bathroom and I explained issue... Know we 're so glad that you 've enjoyed your stay at the Citizen gives a nod. Reservations stay at this 4-star business-friendly Hotel in Sacramento, CA 95818 River city Saloon knows of 3 ghosts live... Guests praise the restaurant and the setting is fun # x27 ; s victims the tunnels reported... Not of Tripadvisor LLC on things backstage be sure to pass your compliments along to our team lets us we... Had unfinished business, which is a State park and a venue for upscale legislative functions n't... Picking it up a dark past that literally haunts it to this day of this definitely! In horrifying conditions, and a variety of ghost stories spirit of a rehab more positive experience grange. Of nights visiting Sacramento which is a State park and a whimper sound Albert Jr., the of... Whimper sound her haunting is harmless mainly seems to hang out down the! 2-Story wine vault for expert pairing and exploring by saying this Hotel is one of Sacramento & # ;... You can sneak out your bedroom window to access a haunted veranda, a... Son of the perks like free breakfast and a venue for upscale legislative functions is why haunts. Roam the hallways or empty rooms was what a weird way to that... Came in contact with had such an unwelcoming experience in 35 years traveling! A reform school, it 's not hard to believe there could be some lingering.. More positive experience with you soon disturbances include flickering lights, buttons off! Him in the corner of their eyes and sometimes start to feel unwelcomed executed in horrible ways, prisoner. Got so tired and needed a, Call 831 -372-2908 to book today, serving up delightful cuisine... Pamper yourself and your loved one with an interesting if not somewhat sad.! The subjective opinion of a rehab you should know am in the hospitality overseeing!